• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Scanspeak 18W/8531

Would you consider buying this driver.

• No, I'm not interested in this sort of driver now or in the immediate future.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No, I'd prefer a less expensive line of drivers.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No, for other reasons.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but not right now.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Yes, if the terms were a little better.

• Yes, and I'm considering this Group Buy.

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If enough members commit to a total of 30 units of the Scanspeak 18W/8531 driver, Madisound will extend a 15% discount per unit. We could get a 20% discount if we have a commitment to 50 units. Shipping is extra. The purchase would be done through Madisound, who would also ship the units directly to you. Once there is sufficient interest, I'd email or pm participants a coupon code that will give you the discount. The code would be valid for 48 hours and individuals would have to complete their purchase with Madisound within that time frame.

In addition to the discount, the attractive thing about this is that once you have the code, you'd be dealing directly with Madisound for payment and shipping. Here's the link to Madisound's page for this driver: LINK

If interested, please post here or pm me the # of units you'd purchase by a week from today, October 17. I think that's enough time to see if there is enough interest. Keeping my fingers crossed. I myself am committed to 4.

:xfingers:

I've been digging around and I can't find anything about G03. The Scanspeak site only has info on 8531G00 in both the current and archived data sheets. I;ll dig around some more.

The 8531-G03 is used in the expensive Sonus Faber Cremona (the original series, not the current Cremona M) speakers. I just wonder if the G00 is as good as the G03. From the look, both speakers look exactly alike. If they are the same, everyone should buy a pair of these 8531-G00. The SF Cremona sound awesome but costs 10K USD a pair.

yeah, with there having been a couple of similar group deals on the same drivers from hasaudio (slightly better pricing actually) including one running at the moment, i think many people whop want these have already bought them. i actually didn't yet, but will be soon, if they don't make the quota for the next run i would be keen for 2, but since the pricing is about the same and the shipping much better from nz to oz than the us.

yeah, with there having been a couple of similar group deals on the same drivers from hasaudio (slightly better pricing actually) including one running at the moment, i think many people whop want these have already bought them. i actually didn't yet, but will be soon, if they don't make the quota for the next run i would be keen for 2, but since the pricing is about the same and the shipping much better from nz to oz than the us.

I had checked their site before this and it is true, 169.14USD is very good, but what I can tell from the site is that they didn;'t reach their quota and they also didn't reply to any of my emails asking about this. If buying individually, the 15% discount here (USD201.49) is better than USD249.89. YOu'd have to buy 10 from Hasaudio to get that price.

As you point pouint out, there's also the question of location and I've had too much trouble having electronics mailed into the US. US customs and mail have become very difficult, IMHO.

In any case, appreciate the note!!

Last edited:
The 8531-G03 is used in the expensive Sonus Faber Cremona (the original series, not the current Cremona M) speakers. I just wonder if the G00 is as good as the G03. From the look, both speakers look exactly alike. If they are the same, everyone should buy a pair of these 8531-G00. The SF Cremona sound awesome but costs 10K USD a pair.

I can't find a spec sheet for G03. I am wondering if that was an OEM production never available in retail. In any case, I can't even find a reference to the G03.

I had checked their site before this and it is true, 169.14USD is very good, but what I can tell from the site is that they didn;'t reach their quota and they also didn't reply to any of my emails asking about this. If buying individually, the 15% discount here (USD201.49) is better than USD249.89. YOu'd have to buy 10 from Hasaudio to get that price.

As you point pouint out, there's also the question of location and I've had too much trouble having electronics mailed into the US. US customs and mail have become very difficult, IMHO.

In any case, appreciate the note!!

Our apologies for not getting back to you. Things are very busy here. But the group buy ended a few months ago. Looks like the page wasn't updated.

Well, this is dead. But I neeed 4 of these to continue my
Ekta Grande project, and if there are enough people to
buy ten, we can at least get the discount for 10 either
from hasaudio or Madisound. Madisound requires one
buyer and one shipping address. Maybe hasaudio could
do better and do direct purchase and shipping for the
10 discount....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.