• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official O2 Headphone Amp Front Panel Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1. some weeks ago i have helped to make a proper frontdesign
2. then, some time ago, i paid for my front panel, first GB round
3. now i am still waiting for the frontpanel i paid for

i between i got the GB-PCB and a GB-parts-kit and my O2 is already in service for about maybe two weeks.

did i miss the first GB delivery?

1. some weeks ago i have helped to make a proper frontdesign
2. then, some time ago, i paid for my front panel, first GB round
3. now i am still waiting for the frontpanel i paid for

i between i got the GB-PCB and a GB-parts-kit and my O2 is already in service for about maybe two weeks.

did i miss the first GB delivery?

No, yours should be on the way with everyone else's. US buyers are starting to receive theirs, since Flynhawaiian shipped them out from California. It is just taking time to get through the mail system, and with Christmas time upon us, there will be delays. I'm still waiting for mine as well, but like you, I have a border to deal with...
I doubt that there are any tracking numbers to be had either, to keep the costs down.

Panels arrived

The 2 panels I ordered arrived yesterday in fine shape. They look good and definitely add a very polished touch to the O2 amp. Thanks to everyone who did all the heavy lifting to make this GB possible - especially Flynhawaiian!

BTW, I decided simply to mount the front panel with the Torx head screws supplied with the B2 box. It's a little industrial looking, but it's OK with me, at least for now.

Happy holidays, everyone!

Looking good

A big thank you to everyone who helped get boards and front panels out.

After a bit of troubleshooting (soldering issues) my o2 is sounding great!

Attachments

• o2.jpg
    o2.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 183
Postscript on mounting panel hardware

I used a blue B2 box for my first unit, but had not investigated the black B2, which I'd ordered for a second unit. The blue box comes with chrome-finish fasteners. Yesterday, I checked out the black box, and discovered that the included fasteners are all anodized black. This solves the issue of having black screws for the front panel. Shadow419 seems already to have discovered this, as shown in the very nice picture of his unit. I decided to split the black Torx head screws between my two units for the front panel and use the silver ones for the back panels...all is well.

Another tip I'd offer is to drive in one of the silver mounting screws in all the mounting holes before mounting the panels. This effectively "taps" the holes and makes it much easier to turn in the black screws, thus minimizing the chance of nicking the finish on the screw head.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I think Shadow's inside picture turned out a bit better than mine. I don't like to take inside pictures. I believe Shadow's case / cabinet is the same as mine - anodized silver aluminum. It's harder to see the contrast in the picture, though.

Shadow has a nice knob, too. :eek: Wait! That doesn't sound right. :D

Seriously, though, the brushed aluminum turner thingy for the volume looks spectacular! Mine is just of the "packaged" variety that I think was shipped as part of the package to the person who built mine.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.