• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official O2 Headphone Amp Front Panel Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just to point out that the cases should come supplied with with 2 sets of fasteners - one set of 8 x Phillips-head and one set of 8 x Torx head. They are self-tappers - I had no problem using the Torx-head fasteners, although a spot of lubrication on the threads is a good idea. I suspect that using the Philips-head fasteners to cut the threads may result in a chewed-up screw head or two as a certain amount of effort is needed when cutting the threads for the first time. Using the Torx screws, with the correct-sized bit, nothing slipped at all, and they look good.

Just to point out that the cases should come supplied with with 2 sets of fasteners - one set of 8 x Phillips-head and one set of 8 x Torx head. They are self-tappers - I had no problem using the Torx-head fasteners, although a spot of lubrication on the threads is a good idea. I suspect that using the Philips-head fasteners to cut the threads may result in a chewed-up screw head or two as a certain amount of effort is needed when cutting the threads for the first time. Using the Torx screws, with the correct-sized bit, nothing slipped at all, and they look good.

By using the correct sized + tip you should not have any issues with the screws.

I would say don't try to go 90mph on the screws, slowly and surly.. if it doesn't want to turn any more, back out a bit and turn again..

-joe

Hi jkt:

I had a good chuckle over your comment about driving in the panel screws. I confess to getting a bit "surly" myself, when trying to drive Philips head screws and having the driver bit slip and strip the screw head -- I much prefer Robertson or Torx head screws. On my amp, I used the Torx head screws to fasten the back panel. I agree with greenalien's comment: the Torx heads went in easily and securely and I think they look fine.

--RDG

Just curious: How common are Robertson screws in the U.S.? I was told they were only used in Canada.

Hi jkt:

I had a good chuckle over your comment about driving in the panel screws. I confess to getting a bit "surly" myself, when trying to drive Philips head screws and having the driver bit slip and strip the screw head -- I much prefer Robertson or Torx head screws. On my amp, I used the Torx head screws to fasten the back panel. I agree with greenalien's comment: the Torx heads went in easily and securely and I think they look fine.

--RDG

Just curious: How common are Robertson screws in the U.S.? I was told they were only used in Canada.

It's like other Canadian exports that are slowly being infiltrated into American society.. ;) Can you say Canadian Comedians..

Seriously.. A few years back when TVs were still being built in the US (Curtis Mathis), I discovered that they were using Robertson head screws as "security" screws on the back of their sets since they weren't readily available there..

Although Robertson head (square drive) fasteners are much less common in the US than in Canada, they do turn up occasionally here and are available in specialty shops. I became acquainted with Robertson head screws (and other Canadian delights) many years ago when I went to graduate school in Toronto. That experience caused me to equip my toolbox with a good size selection of Robertson drivers. Generally, I prefer Robertson head to Philips head fasteners and use them when I can get them. That being said, Torx is probably the best of all - that design provides a really positive grip on the screw. The downside, of course, is having to buy yet another set of specialty tools.

I understand about the self taping screws, but having worked in a machine shop I can tell you that isn't the best way to thread. As said, I would use a 6-32 tap, but you guys can choose your own method. Just my recommendation.

None the less all packages have been shipped out as of today!

Thanks for your hard work, now we can all eagerly await the packages.:cheers:

Thanks again everyone for the wishes of my speedy recovery from my wisdom teeth. Guess I should have had them taken out a long time ago, shows how you shouldn't wait. The pain from the teeth and the bleeding has stopped (within the first 4 hours) but my lower right jaw feels like someone hit me with a 2x4. I figure it will stop at some point. I just wish he gave me some better pain pills.

Keep in mind all packages went out via first class mail. Don't freak out if you ordered the B2 and B3 panels and the outside of the package says B2 panels. For some reason the shipping program couldn't add another product to it. The panel prices are also slightly wrong, so do not think I took a larger share and charged you more. All of the prices were very tight, and I lost some on the single international shipments. I really hope that the usps doesn't harm the panels. Each panel was hand wrapped with 2 or 3 sheets of anti tarnish tissue paper. They were then placed in poly bubble mailers to prevent damage in shipment. Some people may notice some marks on the rear of the panel, this is normal due to the manufacturing process. As the panels passed through the machine on rollers.

All in all things worked out and I didn't lose any money due to the kind beer money donations. Your donations have been well used, before my surgery. I plan to utilize the rest after my recovery process. Unfortunately the mature side of me prevents drinking beers with pain medications, even though I have been told it is okay.

I hope everyone is happy with the results of the panels, I know I am. The next time I do this GB I plan on changing the time frames and the method of doing things. Once again, I apologize with timing of finals during when the panels arrived. If my fiancé didn't have finals as at the same time I could have gotten them out faster. Now she is done and I am left with one more semester of finals, as long I pass this semester.

Panel arrived safely yesterday afternoon – it is really nice looking! Thanks much for handling this group buy – no apologies necessary. As a former (long time) student and victim of bad wisdom teeth, I totally relate. Take it easy and enjoy the holidays.

Thanks again everyone for the wishes of my speedy recovery from my wisdom teeth. Guess I should have had them taken out a long time ago, shows how you shouldn't wait. The pain from the teeth and the bleeding has stopped (within the first 4 hours) but my lower right jaw feels like someone hit me with a 2x4. I figure it will stop at some point. I just wish he gave me some better pain pills.

Keep in mind all packages went out via first class mail. Don't freak out if you ordered the B2 and B3 panels and the outside of the package says B2 panels. For some reason the shipping program couldn't add another product to it. The panel prices are also slightly wrong, so do not think I took a larger share and charged you more. All of the prices were very tight, and I lost some on the single international shipments. I really hope that the usps doesn't harm the panels. Each panel was hand wrapped with 2 or 3 sheets of anti tarnish tissue paper. They were then placed in poly bubble mailers to prevent damage in shipment. Some people may notice some marks on the rear of the panel, this is normal due to the manufacturing process. As the panels passed through the machine on rollers.

All in all things worked out and I didn't lose any money due to the kind beer money donations. Your donations have been well used, before my surgery. I plan to utilize the rest after my recovery process. Unfortunately the mature side of me prevents drinking beers with pain medications, even though I have been told it is okay.

I hope everyone is happy with the results of the panels, I know I am. The next time I do this GB I plan on changing the time frames and the method of doing things. Once again, I apologize with timing of finals during when the panels arrived. If my fiancé didn't have finals as at the same time I could have gotten them out faster. Now she is done and I am left with one more semester of finals, as long I pass this semester.

thanks!

did my big order went out first class as well? or is there a tracking #?

-joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.