• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential Group by for Balanced Input Buffers with Ingenius 1200 IC from THAT Corp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,

Who is interested on buying input buffers using the Ingenius 1200 input buffer?

I'm interested on buying a couple of them (maybe 5) but in order to buy them it is necessary to achieve a number of boards that justify the production.

In case any one's interested I could start a group by thread for input buffers using the Ingenius 1200 IC from THAT Corp.

Please let me know...

In that case I would have to ask ddeacon to step in and define the price for a target number of boards.

Cheers

Current List:

Tiff_Needle: 4 input buffers
barrows: 2 input buffers

Hi,
I would be interested in 6 buffer. Gary Galo has presented his solution on a buffer based on THAT 1200 with RFI protection and a DC servo control in AudioXpress June 2010. I can send the PDF file to you.

Detlef

I would be very greatfull if you supplied me with that information.

Please send it to me by email.

Thank You

Updated list:

DeBe: 6 input buffers

Total: 12 Input Buffers

Yes,

I would be in for two, as long as these can be configured for balanced input, and powered directly from the ICE module auxillary supply. Might be good for one of the resident geniuses here to take a look at noise spectra on the ICE modules auxillary supply, to see if some power supply filtering on the board might be helpful.

In case any one's interested I could start a group by thread for input buffers using the Ingenius 1200 IC from THAT Corp.

Can you post more info on the buffer boards? Are there one or two channels per board? Can one also connect an unbalanced input somehow so that this allows both types of inputs? Are you designing this, or using an existing design from someone else, or from THAT?

-Charlie

Can you post more info on the buffer boards? Are there one or two channels per board? Can one also connect an unbalanced input somehow so that this allows both types of inputs? Are you designing this, or using an existing design from someone else, or from THAT?

-Charlie

CharlieLaub,

You're completely wright!

I've forgotten to mention any details.

The input buffers aren't actually made by me. They are made by D-Sonic, and from what I've been informed from Dennis it is a direct implementation of what is described on the white paper concerning the THAT crop.'s Ingenius IC, therefor the only adaptations that I've been told they do is concerning the connector. And yes, they are mono buffers.

Instead of using regular XLR connectors, they've exchange them for JST connectors for easier connection to the IcePower Modules, but of course you could adapt them to any circuit.

I've contacted Dennis, aka ddeacon, from D-Sonic since he offered himself on my ASP1000 thread to supply many components that might be usefull for DIYers using the IcePower board.

Unfortunatly, after many emails exchanges, and after ddeacon went back on the initial proposal of supplying two prototype input buffers with the Ingenius IC has previously arranged, he answered me that he would need to produce an amount of boards to justify the production of a batch of input buffers.

Therefore in order to obtain such input boards I've decided to start a group buy.

For further details concerning the input buffers please feel fre to contact ddeacon.

ddeacon if you could be kind enough to clarify other users questions, all the interested would appreciate.

Hope I've answered you're questions.

Originally Posted by editmm
Hi Tiff_Needle,
I came across your request for group buy for the balanced input buffers.
I'm looking to make 2 ICE125asx2 module into 2 mono block in btl mode. Id like to be able to have them work with both balanced or unbalanced inputs.

Can you share if the input buffers will be powered by the ICE module and would the design your working on work for my needs?

about How much would they each be with shipping to New Jersey USA?

I could be in for 2 or 4 pending price and function.
Thanks!

Hi editmm,

The boards aren't made by me but from DDeacon at D-Sonic.

He's used a lot of IcePower based module for his D-Sonic brand and on one of my threads he offered himself to supply certain components that might be of interest for person using Icepower based projects.

Therefore I've contacted him and regarding the input buffers they can come with the option to choose between SE and XLR and yes they would be powered by the Icepowers rails.

Dennis has told me that in order to supply inputs buffers, it would be necessary to gather a certain amount of boards to make production financially plausible.

The price would vary depending on the amount of boards ordered.

I'll post this message on the group by and I'll ask DDeacon to respond directly to the persons interested on the group buy.

Cheers,

Tiff_Needle

Well I'll assume that editmm is interested on 4 input boards, if not please let us know.

In the meanwhile I'll send an email do DDeacon to ask him to step in on this group buy and give further details.

Updated list:

editmm: 4 input buffers

Total: 16 Input Buffers

Jonathan, et al,

Generally, it takes an order of 200 or more PCBs to make a run economically feasible. One is required for each channel. Our design is based on THAT Corp's Ingenious 1200 unit and offers EMI/RFI protection. They can take balanced or unbalanced inputs.

I used to offer a J-Fet based input buffer as an option for all of my ICEpower based amplifiers but did not have many takers. Several customers removed them for a cleaner circuit. They were originally designed to interface with tube preamplifiers. We have sold many amplifiers to tube preamp customers with not a single complaint regarding impedence mismatching. B&O does not acknowledge that their ICEpower technology overcomes this alleged mismatch in a very clever way because so many of their manufacturers use the buffer as a marketing issue. We are starting to phase out of ICEpower into two sonically superior topologies, another reason we stopped production of the new buffer boards.

Regards from D-Sonic,

Dennis

Hi folks,

what's the status over here concerning the buffer stage ?

Are we really waiting for 200 people to subscribe ? Just wondering...

I'd like to get in touch with DIYers using the 1000ASP modules.... kindly PM me.

Cheers,

Max

P.S.: If I get it right, there will be no production on "necessary" input buffers... will just go for a B1 buffer if needed.

Last edited:
Let's all hope we can make it :)

Updated List:
editmm: 4 input buffers
toufu: 2 input buffers
tassosk: 4 input buffers
ramallo: 2 input buffers
mootzeroni: 4 input buffers
ncc: 2 input buffers

Total: 32 Input Buffers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.