• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Discrete Low Jitter Clock GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the support. Here's an updated schematic and BoM. This is more or less what the kit will contain, I may change the exact connectors or regulator I use, but they'll be functional equivalents.

There are two positions for output connectors, but only one SMB connector will be included in the kit. The kit will also contain three crystals at frequencies of 11.2896, 16.9344 and 33.8688MHz, which will cover most CD players. They'll all be Citizen America brand.

Attachments

• LJC B4 2012a.pdf
    88.5 KB · Views: 251
  • LJC B4 2012b.pdf
    153.2 KB · Views: 197
Thanks for the orders so far.

There seems to be a little confusion over AC and DC kits and the bare PCB. The AC and DC versions of this clock use the same PCB. The two kits have a slightly different bill of materials, and when you build the DC version you can cut part of the PCB off to make the clock more compact.

When ordering you don't need to specify whether you want a PCB for an AC or DC version, they're the same thing.

@WALTER BURKHARD: Do you mean a DC powered kit or an AC powered kit without the transformer?

A few people have asked about payments etc. I plan to do this the same way as I did for the first round.

- At the end of this month I will close this round and take payments.
- Once I've received payment I will ship orders to those who ordered bare PCBs only and order the parts for the kits.
- Once the parts for the kits have arrived I will ship the orders that include kits.

@skylab: I'm not sure it will work that high, I've only tested it to 33.8688MHz, the highest common CDP clock frequency. What device are you referring to that has a 50MHz clock?

@skylab: I'm not sure it will work that high, I've only tested it to 33.8688MHz, the highest common CDP clock frequency. What device are you referring to that has a 50MHz clock?

I built the ES9023 DAC (Subbu DAC) and it uses a 50mhz crystal for MCLK and that's why I ask if the clock can run at that speed and can replace that crystal. The recommended speed for running in asynchronous mode must be >192*fs which translates to min 36.864mhz and 49.152 mhz for 256fs.

Thanks

@syklab: Okay, that's an appropriate application. I haven't tested it at frequencies that high, so I can't surely say it will work. However, I've tested it up to 33.8688MHz, 50MHz is not a huge amount higher, so it will probably be okay.

@tagheuer: Unfortunately I'm not supplying a mains AC powered clock suitable for North American voltage. I used a transformer with a single 230VAC primary winding. If you're really keen for a 110-120VAC version, PM me and we may be able to work something out.

Unfortunately I'm not supplying a mains AC powered clock suitable for North American voltage. I used a transformer with a single 230VAC primary winding. If you're really keen for a 110-120VAC version, PM me and we may be able to work something out.

Ok, I'll send you a PM.

At the mean time, please revert back to my original order:

2 x Kit for 7 - 20VDC powered version
2 x Bare PCB

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.