• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Front Panel GB Interest

Interested In being a Part of the Group?

• Yes

Votes: 81 94.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's personal preference of course, but I've found that it's not necessary to use white infill on black panels.(and keeps the cost down) The contrast of the silver machining is more than adequate. Here's an example of a Gamma 2 (using the same size case as the O2): https://picasaweb.google.com/111220901501163948823/Gamma2DAC#5644771597215032530
In hindsight, the labels should have been a bit larger.

Last edited:
I haven't expressed my interest on this thread yet, I'd be in for 25 of the standard black panels.

If anyone else is interested in the possibility of front and rear "desktop" panels, I'd be interested in 19 of those too.

For the desktops, we'd have to determine the location of the additional RCA's on the rear panel(which would contain all the current connectors, minus the hole for the volume pot(which would be re-located to the new front panel), and a new front panel containing only the volume pot, 1/4 headphone jack and a power LED(at least that's my plan). The "Objective2" logo could be relocated from the rear panel to the front panel.

Any work on desktop versions of the panels may have to wait until we have some boards to build up and do the measurements though, since RocketScientist mentioned that the board slots were adjusted higher in the B3-080 cases (although I suppose measuring the difference in slot position and then adjusting everything upward the same amount would work).

I suggest replacing in and out with an up,(for in) or down (for out) arrow or triangle, will look cooler. replace power with a lightning symbol, AC with a simple sine wave symbol

How do you like them symbols? Cool enough for ya?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I used arrows for Audio In and Out and a (stylized) sine wave for AC In, like you've proposed. I didn't use a lightning bolt for Power On (I think I've never seen it on a power switch, only as a warning of high voltage; it might, in fact, better befit the AC jack), but went with the common Power On symbol. For the Gain switch, I used a G.

The design of the symbols, including the O2 logo in the middle, started out with the in and out arrows; they symbols use a common grid, making for a consistent, simple, readable, stylish, robust-to-mill design, with the placement of the wave and the arrows adjusted vertically so that they are visually in line with the full-height (full-square) symbols.

They all use the same line width, requiring no (chargeable) tool change.

The size of the screw heads have been taken into account.

So much for the pitch talk. ;) Anybody like it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.