• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Front Panel GB Interest

Interested In being a Part of the Group?

• Yes

Votes: 81 94.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That makes us well into the 100-100 zone, at least, so I guess the conclusion us - there is interest.

Now .. about the design. I've got two things.

- "Gain" for the volume control is a bit ... confusing, at least.
- The logo can be shown some more love, I think. But I'm not an artist, so I'm ready to accept whatever is possible :)

I'm going to get a manufacturer in the UK to give me a quote for these panels. They would be anodised black with white silk screen (maybe a silver one? Who knows!). The screen printing would be better than the engraved text that FPE do, I believe. Anyway, if the price is a attractive I'll have a chat with flynhawaii and see if we can come to some sort of arrangement.

I'm going to get a manufacturer in the UK to give me a quote for these panels. They would be anodised black with white silk screen (maybe a silver one? Who knows!). The screen printing would be better than the engraved text that FPE do, I believe. Anyway, if the price is a attractive I'll have a chat with flynhawaii and see if we can come to some sort of arrangement.

My only concern would be rubbing off the silkscreen?

-joe

As far as I know, the preferred method for medical equipment is anodize, print, seal.
In terms of surface quality (zero height difference) and durability (ink between the aluminum oxide crystals) it cant be beaten.
In terms of looks, it might not be as vibrant and you are certainly limited in colors (no fancy foto printing).

But whatever... I'll take whatever someone organises.

Just so everyone knows, I’m not ignoring you or this post. I've gotten swamped the last two days, and want to spend some time going through the overall comments!

Hopefully later this evening I can go through them and try and figure everything out. I'll most likely post a new design, as I have a few changes in mind. The engineer in me, wants to come out and play.

I’m not sure what the interest is on having silver panels and black panels made, but I’m going to shoot an email to the company, to see if this is plausible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.