O2 Front Panel GB Interest - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
View Poll Results: Interested In being a Part of the Group?
Yes 75 93.75%
No 5 6.25%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 21st September 2011, 09:52 AM   #121
ogewo is offline ogewo  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynhawaiian View Post
Front Panel Express just delivered me a quote for the panel I had posted earlier. Iím not sure what kind of interest we will have or what types of changes people would like to see.

Here is a representation
View image: Panel

Prices are without shipping, per panel. Prices are subject to slight adjustments for tax or variations in prices.

30-100: $10.71
100-200: $8.46
200-?: $7.98
Considering there are 750 O2s about to be made, we could theoretically do 3 orders at the 3rd pricing tier, and 1 at the second. That would be 4 orders and 4 different design choices. I'm guessing that the actual participation in this panel group buy will be much lower than 750, but my point is that we need a tally. That way we can at least know whether we can place two orders at the cheapest tier, and thus have the option of two different designs.
Old 21st September 2011, 10:50 AM   #122
diyAudio Member

a more neutral design,

volume is understood by the knob, more space is nice here
gain high/low is easily understood by pressing the button

i left the line in, but it can also be taken out completely
Attached Images
File Type: png front O2.png (30.8 KB, 141 views)
Old 21st September 2011, 11:16 AM   #123
Atilla is offline Atilla  Norway
diyAudio Member

I like that one too. Simple and straightforward.

So far, my preference would be:
1) jpg's symbolic one
2) Architect's neutral one
3) 'Squiggly-O' when the "IN" is fixed.
Old 21st September 2011, 11:53 AM   #124
MrSlim is offline MrSlim  Canada
diyAudio Member

I hope everyone realizes that the price is likely to vary according to how complicated the design is. The initial prices Flynhawaiian got where for his original design, which was quite simple. Architect's design is closest to that one in complexity. I think jpg mentioned it earlier, reducing the tool size changes will keep the cost down.

Flynhawaiian, can you modify the poll on this thread to take a vote on the three versions that Atilla has mentioned, or do we need to start a new thread?

I can manage a O2 FrontPanel Spreadsheet on GoogleDocs where we can get a tally, have the prices quoted, and advise on shipping costs, etc, like Olli did for the Board GB (I've done the same for my build group).

I don't mind handling the distribution to Canadian buyers, since I'll be taking probably 25 myself. It also makes sense to combine the orders for the EU as well..

Last edited by MrSlim; 21st September 2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 21st September 2011, 12:56 PM   #125
rtos is offline rtos  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstateguy View Post
How about just O2 or a stately old English

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Actually I kind of like flynhawaiian's original "Objective^2".

I also mostly like architect's design (post #122). (However I'm not sure about the "O/I" for "on/off," and I do think the gain switch should probably somehow indicate the high ("H") and low ("L") settings.)
Old 21st September 2011, 04:41 PM   #126
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtos View Post
Actually I kind of like flynhawaiian's original "Objective^2".

I also mostly like architect's design (post #122). (However I'm not sure about the "O/I" for "on/off," and I do think the gain switch should probably somehow indicate the high ("H") and low ("L") settings.)
1. The amp will work very well without texts
2. I don't like ugly text
3. It's nice to have some text to understand basic use

- ON/OFF instead of 0/1 is oke for me but it is more text and everybody will understand a pushbutton to be the on/off even without text
- for the gainknob i dislike "H" and "L" for they ask for much attention because they do not aline with the other texts. beside that, i think it's obvious that pushing a pushbutton that has text [gain] will make a change to the gain

i would also be happy with the [jpg] symbols-front

Last edited by architect; 21st September 2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 21st September 2011, 05:33 PM   #127
diyAudio Member

I’m going to be a noob, but how do I modify the poll? Maybe we should make an "official" thread at this point then? Ogwego, how much did the pricing show up when you hit pricing?

I almost kinda like the line design more, but lets get 3 designs we like together and then vote on them!

I had a company in china give me a quote on boxes and panels for a quantity of 500, but I’m not sure it's engraved or screened. They still haven't responded.

I kinda wanted to do a big shipment to mrslim and Olli as they are major country shipping points. Unless they aren't cool with that. Shipping things individually from the US out of country becomes quite expensive for everyone real fast. I believe that shipping / post in canada and the EU are WAY WAY cheaper!
Old 21st September 2011, 05:46 PM   #128
diyAudio Member

To be honest, after I posted my "Let's vote" message, I started thinking more like, I'm going to pick architect's design and start a Group Buy with that. I don't mind driving it from my end, since I'm looking at a fairly large qty, and could then forward to distributors in the US and EU. The initial ship cost is a bit more to Canada, but spread over 100 or so units, it wouldn't matter.
Old 21st September 2011, 05:48 PM   #129
diyAudio Member

Well do you want me to get a price on that? Just shoot me the file and I'll get some pricing and see what we can get for a giant order
Old 21st September 2011, 06:16 PM   #130
diyAudio Member

Let me grab the original fpd file and work something up. I want to do something for the B3 (desktop) cases too, since I have a fair number of those as well.. (less than 20 though)

Hide this!Advertise here!