• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Front Panel GB Interest

Interested In being a Part of the Group?

• Yes

Votes: 81 94.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've done group buys before, but not one so large and where I have to do all of the shipping. Usually the company takes care of it, but not here for some reason. I have no problems doing it, I just need to get the bubble mailers and some printable labels. No biggy, hopefully.

I’m wondering if we should setup two major distribution points to lower shipping costs, such as the EU, USA (ME), and Canada.

Apparently Canada charges a "$5.00 processing fee ($8.00 for Priority Post) for each package to clear Canada Customs." Unless this is incorrect?

I have no idea what the EU or Other Countries Charge.

Peoples thoughts?

Does anyone know how we deal with the import / customs from the US to EU, Canada, etc?

I feel like we should donate a few dollars to the diyaudio website, as a thank you for hosting us and the GB? Would this be okay with people? If we have 100 panels and everyone chips in an extra 10 cents, that gives $10 to the site.

Jokener you have an email!

Well, you can't use a dictionary for the definition of a symbol.
If you search for 'lightning bolt', it is also not shown as a warning sign for electricity...
So, while you have shown I/O is used for In/Out, you have failed to show this was the first and intended meaning of the 'symbol' I/O. :)
As to the Apple computers: The power button itself has the symbol on it (quite the obvious location, actually ^^).

But we are really nitpicking here.

Hahahaha.. I like it!
As a golden rule of design that I use for myself: Whenever you're in doubt, ask yourself: What would Apple do?
I kid you not, most of the time you get the exact correct solution with this approach, even when designing race cars, furniture or amp enclosures.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.