diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Group Buys (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/)
-   -   AE Speakers Lambda TD Series Group Buy (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/196360-ae-speakers-lambda-td-series-group-buy.html)

dnewma04 11th September 2011 02:04 AM

AE Speakers Lambda TD Series Group Buy

I am in the process of coordinating a group buy for Lambda TD series woofers including all sizes and models including the dipole models. The numbers tentatively look like ~25% off list prices up to 99 drivers. At 100 drivers, the discount should be closer to 30%.

Any interest?

Ed LaFontaine 11th September 2011 02:25 AM

Yes, A pair of TD12's

dnewma04 12th September 2011 12:43 AM

It looks like in addition to your request, we might have another 8-16 drivers via PM interest.

I talked to John at AE and it looks like one requirement that may need to be added to this post is that he'd need 50% down upfront to purchase the materials for the group buy.

Ed LaFontaine 12th September 2011 01:22 AM

50% down is OK with me...and I am considering a pair of TD6M's as well.

Is there a time frame?

dnewma04 12th September 2011 02:12 AM

Nothing locked down yet, mostly gauging interest to see if we'll come close.

LineSource 12th September 2011 03:54 AM

I have been waiting for AES to release an 8" high'ish efficiency (~94 db/watt) wide bandwidth driver. John typically offers a special intro price on new speakers which makes them an attractive group buy item. A TD8M and TD8_Dipole could fire up group buy interest. It would be exciting if experts like JohnK from Music_and_Design or Linkwitz offered an AES speaker design that took advantage of the smooth, wide bandwith. (TD18_dipole + TD8_dipole + NEO3_dipole tweeter??)

Several diyAudio folks tested the early release TD6M speaker and recorded a few deep bumps in the SPL/freq curves which I think stopped several orders. If John has made any improvements in the TD6M or TD6S frequency/SPL smoothness, a new post of measured data could help this group buy.

A "real 18" woofer" with an Fs ~20Hz and Qts ~0.37 might also gain some group buy support.

I've been looking at the 18" dipole for a group buy item, but $350 per driver requires some published measurements.

3GGG 12th September 2011 06:02 AM

Anything from AE from approx20 (40?)hz to 120hz in a tapped horn?

Sveinung 12th September 2011 03:56 PM

I am interested in a pair of the dipole18, and a pair dipole8 if possible. I hope this group buy will become reality and that we can get a estimated time frame for this.

How have you planned to do the shipping?

Volkom 12th September 2011 04:06 PM

Hi,

Thanks Sveinung for your link on ae forums and dnewma04 for this GB.

I'm in for 2 TD6M and 2 TD6H (appolo uppgrade)

Ed LaFontaine 12th September 2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Several diyAudio folks tested the early release TD6M speaker and recorded a few deep bumps in the SPL/freq curves which I think stopped several orders. If John has made any improvements in the TD6M or TD6S frequency/SPL smoothness, a new post of measured data could help this group buy.
Thanks. Following your comment I have further explored this. I find the TD6 is a driver with some issues...so I'll stay on the fence until more information is available.