AE Speakers Lambda TD Series Group Buy - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th May 2012, 11:55 AM   #81
mspgs2 is offline mspgs2  United States
diyAudio Member

latest non-update.. note that any official status update hasn't happened in two months.
if your hoping to see anything in 2012.... good luck. using the term announcement makes it sound like they totally screwed things up.

Re: ** Official TD Woofer Group Buy Information **
by simon5 Thu May 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Once that everything is on a boat on the way to the United States, I guess that John will be able to give a realistic shipping date. Before that, it will be speculative...

From what I heard from John lately, he should make a announcement sooner than later in the upcoming weeks.
Old 11th May 2012, 03:17 PM   #82
rajacat is offline rajacat  United States
diyAudio Member

Re: ** Official TD Woofer Group Buy Information **

Postby stryke Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:24 pm
In addition, everyone who has made payment for the drivers on the group buy will be getting an email to confirm their order shortly. I have noticed that the impedance and S/X/H/M designation was left off on some of the invoices. I want to verify personally that everyone is getting the right woofers.

John
When will we get the email confirming our orders and confirming the impedance and model designation? It's been a month.
Old 11th May 2012, 03:33 PM   #83
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajacat View Post
When will we get the email confirming our orders and confirming the impedance and model designation? It's been a month.
did you not get a email confirmation when you originally ordered?

i have not gotten anything after i originally got confirmation and paid except my original confirmation. In other words nothing promised from a month ago.
Old 11th May 2012, 03:56 PM   #84
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspgs2 View Post
did you not get a email confirmation when you originally ordered?

i have not gotten anything after i originally got confirmation and paid except my original confirmation. In other words nothing promised from a month ago.
All I got was a Paypal confirmation that AE received the money, no confirmation email directly from AE. No confirmation on the contents of the order, ie, impedance, model #, size ,number of units ordered.
Old 11th May 2012, 04:46 PM   #85
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajacat View Post
All I got was a Paypal confirmation that AE received the money, no confirmation email directly from AE. No confirmation on the contents of the order, ie, impedance, model #, size ,number of units ordered.
hrm.. i got an email originally, before paypal confirmation, that i was confirmed for my order but looking at my paypal receipt it has no details on what i ordered.
And i've gotten nothing since then. Hope that gets sent out soon.

Would suck to wait months and have a "oops, we didnt order enough of that size/model" happen.
Old 11th May 2012, 06:46 PM   #86
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspgs2 View Post
hrm.. i got an email originally, before paypal confirmation, that i was confirmed for my order but looking at my paypal receipt it has no details on what i ordered.
And i've gotten nothing since then. Hope that gets sent out soon.

Would suck to wait months and have a "oops, we didnt order enough of that size/model" happen.
I went back and checked my email and my experience is the same as yours.
It's been so long (last year) that I needed to reaffirm my memory.
Old 11th May 2012, 06:57 PM   #87
diyAudio Member

Hmm... John mentioned that the TD18 parts are in stock. I wonder if the TD18 could be a compatible partner with my SEOS 18's? Maybe I could do a swap and be credited for $'s in the GB to paying for a pair of the 18s?
I'd then be out of everbody's hair. Of course, I'd want the GB price on the 18s.
Old 16th May 2012, 03:18 PM   #88
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to John_E_Janowitz Send a message via MSN to John_E_Janowitz Send a message via Yahoo to John_E_Janowitz
I'm going to put up the same post as on AVS a few days ago for those who may not have seen it there:

As I have said before, I understand many of you are frustrated. While I realize you may be waiting on a few woofers, please realize that I am waiting on parts for thousands of woofers. It is not just the group buy woofers that have been held up, but my entire source of revenue. Once money is paid to the vendor, which was done in a timely manner upon the close of the group buy, I am at the mercy of that vendor supplying the parts to me. This specific vendor has always been reliable in the past, meeting lead times and with good QC to the parts. I had never envisioned this type of issue with them. This has not been a good experience, waiting patiently through through numerous QC issues that require reworking of parts again and again. Miscommunication between their sales and purchasing departments, faulty materials, improperly done machining, etc resulted in parts that could not be accepted if the final product was to be built properly. I will not accept parts that sacrifice the final product to be delivered. Because my orders are small compared to the others they deal with, I get no priority in manufacturing or in the rework. All I can do is wait patiently.

Be assured that I am doing everything i can possibly do until those parts arrive. During this time period it is critical that I prioritize only the work that provides income to sustain the business until the parts do arrive. Spending countless hours per day replying to emails that ask for status updates or threaten harm to myself and my family does not provide that needed income to keep the business operational right now. Any new information I have about the group buy order is posted on the thread on my forum immediately upon hearing it myself. Demanding updates when there are none to provide also does not change the situation at all. I just posted an update regarding the shipment from china a few minutes ago. This is the latest information I have to provide that I just received this morning. As I know more specifics of the transit schedule I will update again. I will verify every order via email prior to anything being built to assure everyone gets what they intended. If there are changes in shipping to someone else they can also be verified at that time. Thank you for your patience.

For the latest updates, please see the postings on my forum. Again, I will only take the time to update when there is something to update. If someone wants to copy the posts here, that is fine. This is the latest update I have provided:

Acoustic Elegance • View topic - ** Official TD Woofer Group Buy Information **

John
Old 4th June 2012, 07:24 PM   #89
bobgpsr is offline bobgpsr  United States
diyAudio Member

Ship from China due to dock at Long Beach,CA on Tuesday 5 June 2012.

Acoustic Elegance • View topic - ** Official TD Woofer Group Buy Information **
Old 19th June 2012, 12:54 PM   #90
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

I got my confirmation request yesterday, along with the news that parts are headed for Green Bay today. Yay!

Hide this!Advertise here!