AE Speakers Lambda TD Series Group Buy - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd March 2012, 09:13 PM   #71
diyAudio Member

If I were John, I'd charge a hefty premium and buy US made parts/components. 500.00 TD series drivers would still better the competition and he'd run into fewer supply chain issues.

Unfortunately, the buyers demand cheaper prices and less reliable sources. The supply issues he has been having are not atypical and we probably should have mentioned them at the onset to prepare people for the possibility.
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:09 PM   #72
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to John_E_Janowitz Send a message via MSN to John_E_Janowitz Send a message via Yahoo to John_E_Janowitz
The items purchased in the warehouse were owned by a friend of mine who lived a few hours away. We had traded out some boxes of the Stryke SA071's and he had a few drivers made by Lambda back years ago but that is the extent of anything that resembles a Lambda, Stryke, or AE product in there. He turned everything over to the guy who had stored it for him as it wasn't of value to him anymore.

For those who have been in a panic mode, I can assure you there is nothing to worry about from Acoustic Elegance. I am back in the office for the first time today in a few weeks. Parts in china are still awaiting a ship to get on. I am hoping within the next week they will be loaded and on the water.

The TD18's are all finished and the remainder were boxed yesterday. Monday I will be able to get out invoices for the balance and get them shipped. Here are some pics from when they were done:

Click the image to open in full size.

John
Old 24th March 2012, 08:29 PM   #73
rajacat is offline rajacat  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the update. It would be great if you'd toss the GB folks a bone every now and then.

Thanks,

Roy
Old 7th April 2012, 02:22 AM   #74
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

Quote:
From 23, March: Parts in china are still awaiting a ship to get on. I am hoping within the next week they will be loaded and on the water.
Where are the parts from China with regard to loading from there/in transit/expected to arrive?

Can we get any factual update with regard to the GB?
Old 7th April 2012, 04:29 PM   #75
diyAudio Member

Default Time for another update.

Could we have an update for the Group Buy?
Old 11th April 2012, 03:07 PM   #76
mspgs2 is offline mspgs2  United States
diyAudio Member

Default crosspost

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajacat View Post
Could we have an update for the Group Buy?
two posts were made to their forums..

of note on 24 march they were still trying to get shipping sorted out.
I'm not sure how hard it is to get stuff on a container ship from China but it seems to be taking a long time to not even be on the way. Trip will take 2-3 weeks? Thats puts it in USA in May if they are on the way. Then offload. No idea how long it will sit in port until it gets sent to WI. Lets say a week. Be lucky to get them finished and shipped before August?

---------------------------------------------------------

Re: ** Official TD Woofer Group Buy Information **

Postby stryke Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:35 pm
I'm trying to get everything straightened out for the group buy parts from china. They have still not able to leave yet. I am hoping very soon and doing everything I can to get this process going. This delay has been far longer than anything I could have ever imagined. In an effort to get some things moving, I will begin shipping a small quantity of woofers from steel fully machined here. As this requires significantly more machining time, and frames are in very short supply, they won't be shipping at a very fast rate but I want to start getting something out to people.

As an update on the TD18H's, all 8ohm non-apollo TD18's are ready to ship. Those who ordered them should have a paypal invoice at this point. As those are paid they can be shipped immediately. Once additional parts arrive, the 4ohm and apollo versions will be completed. Due to some orders being changed, I have a handful of 8ohm TD18H's which are available. If anyone wants to switch their order to the 8 Ohm version, please e-mail me at info(at)aespeakers.com with TD18H-8 in the subject and I will get them out right away.

John
************************************************** *****************************
Acoustic Elegance/AE Speakers
1825 Mills St
Green Bay, WI 54302
phone: (920) 469-9198

Re: ** Official TD Woofer Group Buy Information **

Postby stryke Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:24 pm
In addition, everyone who has made payment for the drivers on the group buy will be getting an email to confirm their order shortly. I have noticed that the impedance and S/X/H/M designation was left off on some of the invoices. I want to verify personally that everyone is getting the right woofers.

John
************************************************** *****************************
Acoustic Elegance/AE Speakers
1825 Mills St
Green Bay, WI 54302
phone: (920) 469-9198
Old 19th April 2012, 04:03 PM   #77
diyAudio Member

Any update on this?
Old 19th April 2012, 04:40 PM   #78
diyAudio Member

Yeah, that post was more than a week ago now. I am part of the group buy and did not receive any follow up EMail about it from them. I have checked my spam folders... nada.

-Charlie
Old 24th April 2012, 12:58 PM   #79
mspgs2 is offline mspgs2  United States
diyAudio Member

sadly the only updates are work no related in any way to the group buy.
Old 26th April 2012, 04:49 AM   #80
bobgpsr is offline bobgpsr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE
by stryke Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:25 pm

I'm sorry, but I have not had the time to start going through the group buy orders yet and send emails. It took me nearly a full day just to get through the TD18 orders to get those verified, verify payments, verify customer information, etc. Going through the rest of the group buy orders will take the better part of a week. I had expected to have someone working in the office by now to handle that, but things did not work out and I am again forced to search for someone. I am not sure when I will have the time required to get through all the emails myself, but I will verify everything before anything is built. My priority has been building and shipping woofers and PR's that had been paid for some time ago. I did ship nearly everything that was on the build list other than the group buy orders. Only a few other woofers are awaiting top plates which will be back friday.

rajacat, all group buy orders were provided a paypal invoice to pay from. As the invoice is paid, paypal sends a confirmation of the payment directly to you. This is one of the benefits of paypal that I do not physically have to run credit cards, issue receipts, etc. If you did not receive the paypal receipt, likely it is in your spam folder as paypal often gets stuck there. If you paid through your paypal account you can verify your payment any time there.

Hide this!Advertise here!