AE Speakers Lambda TD Series Group Buy - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th August 2012, 09:49 PM   #91
rajacat is offline rajacat  United States
diyAudio Member

I received my final invoice Monday. (pair 15" TDM's)Paid it via PP. Received tracking # today.

Last edited by rajacat; 14th August 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 16th August 2012, 06:19 AM   #92
NYCOne is offline NYCOne  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Seeking a pair of TD15H

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this but:

I am awaiting my pair of TD15Hs and find I need a second pair. If anyone's plans have changed, I'd like to buy their set.
Old 11th September 2012, 03:50 PM   #93
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

Default AE thread being censored.

I was checking for any progress over on the Acoustic Elegance "Official TD Woofer Group Buy" thread early this morning. There have been posts which make specific requests for the expected completion of drivers. There have been infrequent and vague responses to our requests.

This has led some to speculation based upon the reports of completion already accomplished.

I saw the most recent post there which did a reasonable job of predicting that it could be another 5-6 months before the remaining ~180 woofers are complete. Along with that, the post alerted to the fact that there is a response from John on the site within the last week which maintains new orders will be filled in 4-6 weeks after payment.
I responded to the author of the post with my appreciation for his expressing things I feel are true. I then went back the the thread and found the post I had just commented on, along with a post from myself, had been deleted.

It would be interesting to hear from any who have ordered from AE after the GB was closed and what assurances or experiences they have had.
Old 11th September 2012, 04:54 PM   #94
diyAudio Member

Wow.... wow... I am in shock. I posted in the group buy thread over on the AE Speakers web site in the last 48 hours. A short post asking for an update on my driver order, not a rant or negative (although at this point I am leaning that direction!). I happened to notice at the time that the post landed on page 18 of the thread, which already had a bunch of posts in it. After reading the posts from Ed above in this thread I went back and checked the AE Speakers forum... now there are only 17 pages to the thread! They must have deleted a whole gaggle of posts. This is pretty disappointing, but unfortunately it is not the first time I have come across this kind of cherry picking. I had some posts deleted from a Manufacturer forum thread a few months ago - these were not rants or negative and inflammatory, just were not what the moderator wanted to see in his sandbox, so they were removed.

Let me be honest here then, in the hopes that this is not moderated in a similar fashion...

I can't say how disappointed I am in my "group buy" experience. I think that most people who participated are in the same boat. Excited at first, then 3 months became 6 months became 9 months... now we are at 11 months, and as you noted it looks as if product is just trickling out and I also fear that it may be another 6 months before product is delivered. In some way I feel sorry for the owner of AE Speakers, as I am sure that this is not what was intended on his end. I get the idea that he is struggling to keep things going - with all of these orders he continually complains that he is a one man operation. So why he did the group buy is a mystery to me, but it looks like there was a complete lack of planning or foresight.

It would be nice if the owner came clean and developed and posted a realistic delivery schedule that he can meet, even if this stretches over the the next several months. Keeping people in the dark is just making everyone angry.

-Charlie
Old 11th September 2012, 05:31 PM   #95
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

For a time line:

AESpeakers TD Series group buy!!!
Old 2nd October 2012, 03:33 PM   #96
diyAudio Member

Default drivers shipped

I finally got the EMail I have been waiting for... paid my invoice and now my AE group buy drivers have been shipped! So, it looks like orders are slowly being filled. I thought I would post some positive news in this thread for a change...

-Charlie
Old 3rd October 2012, 02:02 PM   #97
...truth seeker...
diyAudio Member

That's great. What size drivers are you getting?
Old 3rd October 2012, 06:22 PM   #98
rkeman is offline rkeman  United States
diyAudio Member

Many, many problems have plagued the speaker component industry and Acoustic Elegance seems to have been significantly affected. Less than a year into the recession, asian parts suppliers began to have more and more difficulty delivering quality mechanical and electronic products in a timely manner. Most loudspeaker components are made in China and their industrial base seems to have had a far harder time than has been generally recognized. Perhaps it is the rapidly increasing wages and materials cost that has squeezed profits or currency revaluation, but the change is undeniable. Many asian parts suppliers have gone out of business in the past few years as market conditions have deteriorated and there are no longer domestic suppliers able to easily fill the void.

Acoustic Elegance is a small boutique manufacturer. The AE group buy appears to have been an effort to raise capital - a "loan" that would help the company to get back on firm ground. The substantial discount and wait for product delivery is the "interest" paid by AE to the group buy participants. Many of the competitors marketing high performance woofers and other products to the audio DIY community, most dependent on asian manufacturing, have either gone out of business or cannot supply product on a consistent basis. It is to the credit of Acoustic Elegance that the company continues working to supply woofers of the highest quality. Be patient, it will be worth the wait!
Old 3rd October 2012, 07:45 PM   #99
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed LaFontaine View Post
That's great. What size drivers are you getting?
TD6Ms. I'm looking forward to breaking them in and taking some measurements of my own.
Old 3rd October 2012, 07:46 PM   #100
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkeman View Post
Many, many problems have plagued the speaker component industry and Acoustic Elegance seems to have been significantly affected. Less than a year into the recession, asian parts suppliers began to have more and more difficulty delivering quality mechanical and electronic products in a timely manner. Most loudspeaker components are made in China and their industrial base seems to have had a far harder time than has been generally recognized. Perhaps it is the rapidly increasing wages and materials cost that has squeezed profits or currency revaluation, but the change is undeniable. Many asian parts suppliers have gone out of business in the past few years as market conditions have deteriorated and there are no longer domestic suppliers able to easily fill the void.

Acoustic Elegance is a small boutique manufacturer. The AE group buy appears to have been an effort to raise capital - a "loan" that would help the company to get back on firm ground. The substantial discount and wait for product delivery is the "interest" paid by AE to the group buy participants. Many of the competitors marketing high performance woofers and other products to the audio DIY community, most dependent on asian manufacturing, have either gone out of business or cannot supply product on a consistent basis. It is to the credit of Acoustic Elegance that the company continues working to supply woofers of the highest quality. Be patient, it will be worth the wait!
Thanks for posting this info. I think that many AE group buy participants are not aware of this aspect of the business.

Hide this!Advertise here!