• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AE Speakers Lambda TD Series Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in the process of coordinating a group buy for Lambda TD series woofers including all sizes and models including the dipole models. The numbers tentatively look like ~25% off list prices up to 99 drivers. At 100 drivers, the discount should be closer to 30%.

Any interest?

It looks like in addition to your request, we might have another 8-16 drivers via PM interest.

I talked to John at AE and it looks like one requirement that may need to be added to this post is that he'd need 50% down upfront to purchase the materials for the group buy.

I have been waiting for AES to release an 8" high'ish efficiency (~94 db/watt) wide bandwidth driver. John typically offers a special intro price on new speakers which makes them an attractive group buy item. A TD8M and TD8_Dipole could fire up group buy interest. It would be exciting if experts like JohnK from Music_and_Design or Linkwitz offered an AES speaker design that took advantage of the smooth, wide bandwith. (TD18_dipole + TD8_dipole + NEO3_dipole tweeter??)

Several diyAudio folks tested the early release TD6M speaker and recorded a few deep bumps in the SPL/freq curves which I think stopped several orders. If John has made any improvements in the TD6M or TD6S frequency/SPL smoothness, a new post of measured data could help this group buy.

A "real 18" woofer" with an Fs ~20Hz and Qts ~0.37 might also gain some group buy support.

I've been looking at the 18" dipole for a group buy item, but $350 per driver requires some published measurements.

Several diyAudio folks tested the early release TD6M speaker and recorded a few deep bumps in the SPL/freq curves which I think stopped several orders. If John has made any improvements in the TD6M or TD6S frequency/SPL smoothness, a new post of measured data could help this group buy.

Thanks. Following your comment I have further explored this. I find the TD6 is a driver with some issues...so I'll stay on the fence until more information is available.

Still awaiting some details from John. But the basics are that 50% will be due upfront. AE will order the materials which will take approximately 2 months for delivery. At that point, he will start assembly and deliver based on the order of entries on the official group buy thread that will likely be hosted on his website. Depending on the numbers, I'd expect 2-3.5 months for delivery depending on your position on the list.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.