• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AE Speakers Lambda TD Series Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
latest non-update.. note that any official status update hasn't happened in two months.
if your hoping to see anything in 2012.... good luck. using the term announcement makes it sound like they totally screwed things up.

Re: ** Official TD Woofer Group Buy Information **
by simon5 » Thu May 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Once that everything is on a boat on the way to the United States, I guess that John will be able to give a realistic shipping date. Before that, it will be speculative...

From what I heard from John lately, he should make a announcement sooner than later in the upcoming weeks.

Re: ** Official TD Woofer Group Buy Information **

Postby stryke » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:24 pm
In addition, everyone who has made payment for the drivers on the group buy will be getting an email to confirm their order shortly. I have noticed that the impedance and S/X/H/M designation was left off on some of the invoices. I want to verify personally that everyone is getting the right woofers.

John
When will we get the email confirming our orders and confirming the impedance and model designation? It's been a month.:confused:

did you not get a email confirmation when you originally ordered?

i have not gotten anything after i originally got confirmation and paid except my original confirmation. In other words nothing promised from a month ago.

All I got was a Paypal confirmation that AE received the money, no confirmation email directly from AE. No confirmation on the contents of the order, ie, impedance, model #, size ,number of units ordered.

All I got was a Paypal confirmation that AE received the money, no confirmation email directly from AE. No confirmation on the contents of the order, ie, impedance, model #, size ,number of units ordered.

hrm.. i got an email originally, before paypal confirmation, that i was confirmed for my order but looking at my paypal receipt it has no details on what i ordered.
And i've gotten nothing since then. Hope that gets sent out soon.

Would suck to wait months and have a "oops, we didnt order enough of that size/model" happen.

hrm.. i got an email originally, before paypal confirmation, that i was confirmed for my order but looking at my paypal receipt it has no details on what i ordered.
And i've gotten nothing since then. Hope that gets sent out soon.

Would suck to wait months and have a "oops, we didnt order enough of that size/model" happen.

I went back and checked my email and my experience is the same as yours.
It's been so long (last year:eek:) that I needed to reaffirm my memory.

Hmm... John mentioned that the TD18 parts are in stock. I wonder if the TD18 could be a compatible partner with my SEOS 18's? Maybe I could do a swap and be credited for $'s in the GB to paying for a pair of the 18s?
I'd then be out of everbody's hair.;):D Of course, I'd want the GB price on the 18s.:)

I'm going to put up the same post as on AVS a few days ago for those who may not have seen it there:

As I have said before, I understand many of you are frustrated. While I realize you may be waiting on a few woofers, please realize that I am waiting on parts for thousands of woofers. It is not just the group buy woofers that have been held up, but my entire source of revenue. Once money is paid to the vendor, which was done in a timely manner upon the close of the group buy, I am at the mercy of that vendor supplying the parts to me. This specific vendor has always been reliable in the past, meeting lead times and with good QC to the parts. I had never envisioned this type of issue with them. This has not been a good experience, waiting patiently through through numerous QC issues that require reworking of parts again and again. Miscommunication between their sales and purchasing departments, faulty materials, improperly done machining, etc resulted in parts that could not be accepted if the final product was to be built properly. I will not accept parts that sacrifice the final product to be delivered. Because my orders are small compared to the others they deal with, I get no priority in manufacturing or in the rework. All I can do is wait patiently.

Be assured that I am doing everything i can possibly do until those parts arrive. During this time period it is critical that I prioritize only the work that provides income to sustain the business until the parts do arrive. Spending countless hours per day replying to emails that ask for status updates or threaten harm to myself and my family does not provide that needed income to keep the business operational right now. Any new information I have about the group buy order is posted on the thread on my forum immediately upon hearing it myself. Demanding updates when there are none to provide also does not change the situation at all. I just posted an update regarding the shipment from china a few minutes ago. This is the latest information I have to provide that I just received this morning. As I know more specifics of the transit schedule I will update again. I will verify every order via email prior to anything being built to assure everyone gets what they intended. If there are changes in shipping to someone else they can also be verified at that time. Thank you for your patience.

For the latest updates, please see the postings on my forum. Again, I will only take the time to update when there is something to update. If someone wants to copy the posts here, that is fine. This is the latest update I have provided:

Acoustic Elegance • View topic - ** Official TD Woofer Group Buy Information **

John

AE thread being censored.

I was checking for any progress over on the Acoustic Elegance "Official TD Woofer Group Buy" thread early this morning. There have been posts which make specific requests for the expected completion of drivers. There have been infrequent and vague responses to our requests.

This has led some to speculation based upon the reports of completion already accomplished.

I saw the most recent post there which did a reasonable job of predicting that it could be another 5-6 months before the remaining ~180 woofers are complete. Along with that, the post alerted to the fact that there is a response from John on the site within the last week which maintains new orders will be filled in 4-6 weeks after payment.
I responded to the author of the post with my appreciation for his expressing things I feel are true. I then went back the the thread and found the post I had just commented on, along with a post from myself, had been deleted.

It would be interesting to hear from any who have ordered from AE after the GB was closed and what assurances or experiences they have had.

Wow.... wow... I am in shock. I posted in the group buy thread over on the AE Speakers web site in the last 48 hours. A short post asking for an update on my driver order, not a rant or negative (although at this point I am leaning that direction!). I happened to notice at the time that the post landed on page 18 of the thread, which already had a bunch of posts in it. After reading the posts from Ed above in this thread I went back and checked the AE Speakers forum... now there are only 17 pages to the thread! They must have deleted a whole gaggle of posts. This is pretty disappointing, but unfortunately it is not the first time I have come across this kind of cherry picking. I had some posts deleted from a Manufacturer forum thread a few months ago - these were not rants or negative and inflammatory, just were not what the moderator wanted to see in his sandbox, so they were removed.

Let me be honest here then, in the hopes that this is not moderated in a similar fashion...

I can't say how disappointed I am in my "group buy" experience. I think that most people who participated are in the same boat. Excited at first, then 3 months became 6 months became 9 months... now we are at 11 months, and as you noted it looks as if product is just trickling out and I also fear that it may be another 6 months before product is delivered. In some way I feel sorry for the owner of AE Speakers, as I am sure that this is not what was intended on his end. I get the idea that he is struggling to keep things going - with all of these orders he continually complains that he is a one man operation. So why he did the group buy is a mystery to me, but it looks like there was a complete lack of planning or foresight.

It would be nice if the owner came clean and developed and posted a realistic delivery schedule that he can meet, even if this stretches over the the next several months. Keeping people in the dark is just making everyone angry.

-Charlie

Many, many problems have plagued the speaker component industry and Acoustic Elegance seems to have been significantly affected. Less than a year into the recession, asian parts suppliers began to have more and more difficulty delivering quality mechanical and electronic products in a timely manner. Most loudspeaker components are made in China and their industrial base seems to have had a far harder time than has been generally recognized. Perhaps it is the rapidly increasing wages and materials cost that has squeezed profits or currency revaluation, but the change is undeniable. Many asian parts suppliers have gone out of business in the past few years as market conditions have deteriorated and there are no longer domestic suppliers able to easily fill the void.

Acoustic Elegance is a small boutique manufacturer. The AE group buy appears to have been an effort to raise capital - a "loan" that would help the company to get back on firm ground. The substantial discount and wait for product delivery is the "interest" paid by AE to the group buy participants. Many of the competitors marketing high performance woofers and other products to the audio DIY community, most dependent on asian manufacturing, have either gone out of business or cannot supply product on a consistent basis. It is to the credit of Acoustic Elegance that the company continues working to supply woofers of the highest quality. Be patient, it will be worth the wait!

Many, many problems have plagued the speaker component industry and Acoustic Elegance seems to have been significantly affected. Less than a year into the recession, asian parts suppliers began to have more and more difficulty delivering quality mechanical and electronic products in a timely manner. Most loudspeaker components are made in China and their industrial base seems to have had a far harder time than has been generally recognized. Perhaps it is the rapidly increasing wages and materials cost that has squeezed profits or currency revaluation, but the change is undeniable. Many asian parts suppliers have gone out of business in the past few years as market conditions have deteriorated and there are no longer domestic suppliers able to easily fill the void.

Acoustic Elegance is a small boutique manufacturer. The AE group buy appears to have been an effort to raise capital - a "loan" that would help the company to get back on firm ground. The substantial discount and wait for product delivery is the "interest" paid by AE to the group buy participants. Many of the competitors marketing high performance woofers and other products to the audio DIY community, most dependent on asian manufacturing, have either gone out of business or cannot supply product on a consistent basis. It is to the credit of Acoustic Elegance that the company continues working to supply woofers of the highest quality. Be patient, it will be worth the wait!

Thanks for posting this info. I think that many AE group buy participants are not aware of this aspect of the business.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.