• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AE Speakers Lambda TD Series Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I may be in for 4 TD10S or TD10X (not showing in the store) but I would need to find some measurements and the accurate dimensions of the drivers which I can't find. The pdf link for the informations doesn't work and can't find the informations on the ae forum as well. I would also like to see some measurements of a driver with and without the appolo upgrade which I can't find.

The delay are very very long but I can manage to wait if I can get the basic informations needed before ordering.

The drivers seems nice and what I'm looking for but for the reasons stated above I never ordered from ae speakers.

For those interested, Erin from diymobileaudio posted klippel info on the TD6H now. The Le is very smooth and BL is quite flat to 6-7mm. Quite happy with the initial results. You can see the info posted on my forum and follow the link to diymobileaudio.com for the full report.

http://www.aespeakers.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2816

John

Last edited:
AETD12comparison.jpg

I have run simulations for the TD12 S, X, & M (top to bottom) in the same enclosure. It was known as the "E-Wave Delite"

Zilch's AK Design Collaborative - Econowave Speaker - Page 749 - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

The scale is consistent.
The top line is 99.4 dB in each.
There is 3dB between the green horizontal lines.

Based on these results I believe I'll choose the "S"...though I do believe I could still be swayed in my decision. :scratch:
I will be running subs. I'll place a greater importance on mid-range quality.

What say Ye?

Last edited:
The Dipole and LO drivers use different steel than any of the TD woofers. Therefore they have to have a separate group buy in order to get the quantity up to give some kind of discount. I have not officially announced a group buy for Dipoles or the LO woofers yet but will do that after the TD group buy is done. The same 25 and 50pc quantities will be required to hit the price breaks.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.