• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp parts GB, EU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The problem with estimating the shipping costs for the transformers is that we don't know the exact weight of the units yet. I expect them to be about 500 grams a piece which means that they weigh 30 kgs in total, which is just low enough to be shipped in a single package. Of course, I will keep my own transformers, so that saves 1 kg. In that case, I can ship them to Germany for about 25 euros with DPD. If the transformers turn out to be heavier (which I think is very unlikely, because 500g is already a liberal estimate), the shipment must be split in order to save the mailman from a hernia.

@Asanti:
I have ordered about 10 additional kits and I won't need all of the 10 kits I ordered for myself.
But right now I want to wait for the Mouser shipment and prepare all the kits for you guys.
When that is done, I'll check again what is still available.

@LuiLui: I think one kit should be no problem, but I can't make any promises since I didnt add the late-comers to the spreadsheet yet and haven't really kept track of them.
Also, since the Mouser shipment is not 100% complete, I won't have the full number of complete kits to sell before the second shipment arrives.

Regards,
Jokener

@goshflardon: This is a pint I brought back from the Oktoberfest (it was still in its keg back then ^^).
But a few more will follow, thats for sure.

The Mouser order just arrived.
Looks good so far, except for three or four capacitors that have their legs bent pretty badly.
(99% of them were packaged inside a cardboard box. When that box was full, they put the rest of the caps in an ESD-Bag together with the box. Something else in the shipment must have bent these capacitors sitting on the outside of the box.)
But again, the defective parts all come out of my own kits.
Everybody that ordered will receive only good capacitors that never had any legs bent.

Regards,
Jokener

P.S.: Since the weekend is coming up, I should have some time to get packin'.

Hi Jokener,
I see my extra parts did not arrive with the delivery
Will the parts still be delivered or have they been cancelled?
If they are arriving late it would, of course, be better for you to wait until they come and send me just one package.
As long as it's before Christmas... :)
ps. I sure don't envy you and your girlfriend sorting all those parts, you've done a great job organising all this :up:

@Mango: I can hold your shipment for a while. That's no problem.
A couple of other users have requested delayed shipping as well, because they're on vacation/work trips and so on...
Mouser has the parts listed in the shipping manifest as 'outstanding', so I think they will still send them.
And there will be a second shipment either way, because of the 5 resistors that were not in stock and I will insist on new capacitors.
(Even if they only have bent legs... I tend to find that unacceptable. I have never returned a customer's car with a deinflated tire either...)

Regards,
Jokener

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.