• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp parts GB, EU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have beer and Rockstar Energy drink running through my veins.
That makes science somewhat easier for me :)

And I have just compiled both final shopping carts.
Now I'll just have to attend to the little "out of stock" problem tomorrow and its go-time.
(Just to clarify, this is nothing serious. I will check back with RocketScientist just to make sure, but it will be perfect.)

Last edited:
Don't thank me yet.
You better wait with that until your boards arrive and everything is A O.K.
I might forget how to count to 6 on my way through almost 15.000 parts.
(I'll keep the beer count down while sorting, no worries...)

And now I'm off to lunch with a nice dark malt-lager blend and Sushi.
One piece of friendly advice: Don't mock my food! ^^
Otherwise I will have to send you paper resistors and unobtanium-opamps...
I heard max output on those is horrible.

Regards,
Jokener

Don't thank me yet.
You better wait with that until your boards arrive and everything is A O.K.
I might forget how to count to 6 on my way through almost 15.000 parts.
(I'll keep the beer count down while sorting, no worries...)

And now I'm off to lunch with a nice dark malt-lager blend and Sushi.
One piece of friendly advice: Don't mock my food! ^^
Otherwise I will have to send you paper resistors and unobtanium-opamps...
I heard max output on those is horrible.

Regards,
Jokener

heh, you know we all apreciate your hard work :p

Yes, news!

I have received a quote, for 50 transformers with the following specifications:

- Cast into an IP21 plastic housing
- Primary 230 V 50 Hz, secondary 15V, 10 VA
- With 2m mains cord with two pin euro plug
- A secondary cord with no plug, about 2m

And now for the price (drum roll): 13.65 euros excls. VAT, so that would be 16.24 including VAT when ordering 50 pieces. Lead time is estimated at about 4 to 6 weeks from time of order.

It is a little over 15 euros, but I think that, as far as custom transformers go, this is about the nicest thing you can have for this price. So I think a quick decision should now be taken on whether to order the thing.

Last edited:
That's very good news. It's too bad they can't put a molded 2.1mm plug on the secondary cable, but that's not a big deal. Is there any answer from Stontronics on their stock AC-1550 yet? Even if the Germans and Dutch are not crazy about the Brits, ;) ... it seems like it could still be the lowest cost, and arguably best, solution?
But it looks like it is a wall plug... Personally, I wouldn't mind paying a little more if I can avoid a wall plug.

@Shamharoth
But it looks like it is a wall plug...

If you mean by "wall plug" the bulky thing that has the transformer built into the plug, that's what the transformer in my inquiry is not. It has a proper mains lead with a normal power plug. I have asked about the possibility of the manufacturer attaching a 2.1/5.5mm plug, but I am still waiting for a price.

@Shamharoth

If you mean by "wall plug" the bulky thing that has the transformer built into the plug, that's what the transformer in my inquiry is not. It has a proper mains lead with a normal power plug. I have asked about the possibility of the manufacturer attaching a 2.1/5.5mm plug, but I am still waiting for a price.
Yeah I understood that, that's why I said I don't mind paying a little more for it. (and 4m of cord is nice too!) ;)
But the Stontronics AC-1550 has the transformer built into the plug.

FYI: At least one user has already reported a bad MOSFET (Q1) which was likely damaged by ESD. It's really important to follow the tips about handling and soldering the MOSFETs in the Circuit Board Construction section.

It may go without saying, but it's also important the MOSFETs be handled and packaged properly when they're divided up and sent out to the group buyers. They should be in at least a bit of black conductive foam or both in an ESD bag. And whoever is dividing them up should be wearing a ground strap, etc. They're probably going to come in tubes.

Hello all,

I just called the transformer company, and they were searching for a secondary lead that already has the proper plug attached. They found one with a plug with 5.5 mm OD, 2.1mm ID and a length of 14 mm. That should work well with the power connector on the board. I was promised a price on short notice.

I'll keep you all informed.

I just found a source of 15VAC ,1,1A wallwarts. To cost is 8Euro with VAT + shipping (about 10Eu worldwide). The downfall is that they come with some exotic plug (that why they are so cheap, I suppose), but since they cost only 8Eu it wouldn't be a problem to solder proper plugs.

I could call them and ask if they have bigger quantity of them, if you are interested.

News again!

I just got a quote for the same transformer I posted earlier, but now with a proper plug on the secondary. For completeness sake, here's the entire spec list as appears in the quote:

- Single phase transformer cast into an IP21 housing
- Primary voltage 230 V 50/60 Hz
- Power cord with two pin euro plug, 2m long
- Secondary cord with 5.5/2.1 mm plug, 1 m long
- Secondary voltage 15 VAC / 10 VA

Price for this is € 14,85 a piece excluding VAT, which is € 17.67 including VAT. The version with an unterminated secondary cord costs € 13,65 excl VAT, which is € 16.24 incl VAT. So the factory made plug effectively adds € 1.43 to the price. So, now it's time to decide:

Do we order the transformers? And if so, with or without secondary plug? I must order either 50 pcs with the plug or 50 pcs without the plug, I cannot mix. Let's make a quick decision.

I think this is the nicest transformer of all options, at the best price. There are cheaper options, but they have some fairly large disadvantages IMHO, such as being a wallwart and/or having a weird plug.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.