• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 amp Australian parts GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
PM me last, I'm just doing a BOM for another build atm then I'll be calculating stuff to work out the fallout for my refund, I'll do that then show the calc to you for your agreement.

Did you do a tally of what you have left?

Any news from BF yet? (Am I still too optimistic?) I'm pretty concerned that he's now just increased how much he owes you but wants you to send stuff back his way now. If that is the case maybe now is the opportunity to push back and get him to take responsibility for the extras that no one is buying perhaps?

I'm not posting back what I have until he transfers the money - got a text back acknowledging thats the plan and he's happy.

Bobkojek is owed a refund based on the list in your post #770, but I got a message that he never paid. If thats the case and there are more people who didn't pay then this is going to get real messy!

Ok, I'll double check that list. Preliminary check says he paid, but not for a plugpack. He isn't on the list of people I have down as receiving refunds either.

I will recheck everyone on that list to be sure later tonight.

Couldn't agree more that until he completes his end of the deal you shouldn't be sending him anything.

I've tracked down the source of confusion.

After I posted that list bobkojek posted here: #792

BF's Googledocs and Finances spreadsheet shows bobkojek down for 1 wallwart and being 100% paid. Hard to see why he'd have marked him paid in 2 places then wait till now to claim that it wasn't paid.

I have attached BF Finances Sheet and my analysis working, though its a bit convoluted and comes with no user manual or guarantee (expressed or implied) of accuracy of information presented. It was compiled on a best effort basis in the absence of access to hard records.

I've probably spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to work that damn spreadsheet out to cut the numbers a few different ways to see if I had missed where the money went.

Attachments

• Finances Spreadsheets.zip
    88.9 KB · Views: 28
@ddw, totally agree mate, its getting a very long in the tooth now. That is pretty confusing to say now that he hasn't paid when the post that I linked to suggested otherwise. How are you or I to make sense of anything. Had you shipped him a kit already?

Yeah, I knew him prior to this whole mess. I'm still fairly confident he'll eventually ship my kit. I'll give him another week or two, and finish my CMoy in the mean time (meh).

So ... what has he told you? Has he told you how the plugpacks that you ordered, don't exist?

I'd be interested to know the differences between the timelines on when you received the panels compared to the stories he was telling us ...

How much did he owe you for the panels out of interest? Did you know that he was charging them out to everyone at $12ea for machining? It seems to me like his sort of form to try to make some profit on that transaction. Its certainly a big jump up from the prices he mentioned early in the thread which made me suspicious.

Last edited:
hochopeper said:
So ... what has he told you? Has he told you how the plugpacks that you ordered, don't exist?

I'd be interested to know the differences between the timelines on when you received the panels compared to the stories he was telling us ...

How much did he owe you for the panels out of interest? Did you know that he was charging them out to everyone at $12ea for machining? It seems to me like his sort of form to try to make some profit on that transaction. Its certainly a big jump up from the prices he mentioned early in the thread which made me suspicious.

Wow, what. I thought he was charging $2-3. The deal was that I'd machine and engrave the panels, and get a free kit, PCB, enclosure and a couple batteries, plus $50 or so. I think I opted to get my own plug pack, he did tell me something about how his supplier for them turned around and said they didn't have them.

Hi Musical

BF sent the panels and were in a normal envelope... I don't remember the date but it was around early to mid Jan. If you don't have any luck getting them I can give you one of mine - its not going to go in the enclosure. Moonshadow who made the panels may also be able to help.

On another note, to Schlagzeugger, Vince3141, Little Fish and Mistertaz - thank you for the offer of not refunding the plug pack to cover my costs or out of pocket expenses but with the final figure that BF is going to pay me I will be even since I do not have to sell the remaining components. The running around I did was on the way to and from places so didn't really cost me anything. I very much appreciate the generous offer, if we all had the same attitude I'm sure this mess would not have developed.

@hochopeper - your spreadsheet is a work of art! I don't have a built cmoy (I have the jds labs kit but never made it). Please send your bank details and I'll refund you the kit and postage you have paid for and the plug pack. I do have a Decware Zenhead, and three Fiio amps (E7, E10, E11).

This weekend will be the O2 build!

That spreadsheet is far from my best work, but it was good enough to work out what we needed to know. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time in Excel in my life, no engineer can live without it.

That cmoy bit was vague on my behalf, was meant to be directed at MoonShad0w since he said he was about to build one.

I was holding off on sending bank details till we worked out if you/BF had enough pcb there still to sort MoonShad0w out or you need the extra one I have here sent back to SA.

If a PCB is missing for any of you, I still have a few hundred of them here.
(Black with electro less Nickel Gold plating, identical to the first GB from Ollie in the UK.)
And to those that helped sort the Australian GB out, I would offer a few for free.

I made mistakes in my GB as well, even though I sorted them out myself.
So if I can help 'over there' with something like a PCB or a kit for someone who put significant time and effort into turning around someone else's failing GB, I would do so.

Best regards,
Jokener

Refund update!
Kffern, Vince3141, Hochopeper and Little Fish your money was transferred about 10 minutes ago and should be in your accounts by Tuesday at the latest.
Mistertaz and Schlagzeuger - many thanks for your generosity.
Still waiting for the final payment from BF but at least 11/19 refunds are complete and I'm still waiting for manzanita cross to give me an address to send his kit to.
All being well I'll start making the kit after lunch today, I just hope I have the right parts!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.