• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Headphone Amplifier AU/NZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I want to host a AU/NZ for this fantastic little project - an objectively designed headphone amplifier.

Details
You can find the discussion thread here.
You can find the designer's blog (RocketScientist aka NwAvGuy) with further juicy details and measurements here.

I will get a proper quote in due course, but I have had an estimate which will be good enough to get the ball rolling and see if there is any interest. These estimates are based on me buying 20 boards.
As we begin to approach a larger number, I will start getting more refined quotes.

Shall we set a AU end time of 10/09/11?

Price - (I will try and find better prices soon)
1 PCB (AU): $15 + $5 Shipping = $20
1 PCB (NZ): $15 + $8 Shipping = $23

I will also be looking into getting price for the full kit as well so if your interested in these, please watch this space..

Price Breakdown
The price includes the cost of the board, the cost of packaging materials and the cost of postage. There is a 5% buffer included in the price to cover boards which may get damaged in the post or other unforseen circumstances. If, at God's discretion, there happens to be a few pennies left over, then I will buy myself a pint with them

Ordering
When you are ordered, please state HOW MANY you want and the REGION afterwards, so that it is nice and clear for me.

Example: "1 x (AU)" or "1 x (NZ)"

If you are also interested in purchasing a full kit (PCB and Electronics) pending costs please mention this also.
If their is enough interest in cases and Plug Packs I will consider adding these options to the group purchase.

Get signing up!

PS Thanks to olli1324 for the intro from his GB Group buy

Full Kit Prices are now in!! (prices are for 10 kits)

border="1"
|-
| class="tcat" colspan="2" | Cost Breakdown (Prices are in AUD)
|-
| $3
| PCB
|-
| $36
| Components
|-
| $25
| Case
|-
| $26
| PowerPack (240v Australian Plug)
|-
| class="tcat" colspan="2" | Total Build = $90 + Postage
|-

Im happy to do mix and matching for those who don't want the full kit,
postage may be slightly more expensive than in my original post above due to the size and weight of the PowerPack and Case.

The case will not have a machined front panel, until further notice I wont be offering this luxury, until I find a place that is willing to do it in small quantities (Suggestions welcome)..

Once I start getting some interest I will link a spreadsheet on this forum to track the running total.
As anything goes the more people commit to purchasing the cheeper it gets!

Happy Building!

This group buy WILL be going ahead, I have most of the components ordered and have sold 6 of the 10 so far..
If their is enough intrest I can order more but as I ordered a fair amount of stuff for my other projects at the same time the next batch may be more expensive.

For the last remaning 4 spots this is what you will be paying!

border="1"
|-
| class="tcat" colspan="2" | Cost Breakdown (Prices are in AUD)
|-
| $3
| PCB
|-
| $30
| Components
|-
| $23
| Case
|-
| $20
| PowerPack (PP)
|-
| $5-$12
| Postage w/o PP - w PP (AU price only, NZ pm for price)
|-
| class="tcat" colspan="2" | Total Build = $61 - $88
|-

As most Au people have Jaycar in their backyard I suggest save your money and don't ship the PowerPack with me..
The item I will be shipping would be this one
12V AC 500mA Plugpack - Jaycar Electronics

Hiya - as you may notice by my signature I have an Australian / NZ group buy going already and I've managed to get slightly better prices due to the sheer quantities involved.
Cost of parts is way down now under $25, case is only $18 and looks like I'll be getting the jaycar plugpack for about $8. I'm also offering CNCed front panels for a very low price ($2-3 each thanks to a machinist friend).
Wonder if you'd be interested in merging?
Cheers - great to see so much interest in a fantastic product!

Unfortunately I have already ordered all my parts.
I have the components arriving today (printed stickers today also)
and with cases and pcb's arriving late next week.

Do you mind sending me the link to the jaycar powerpack, I find it hard to believe it's $8
I have added a little bit onto the cost of the components for time sorting and labeling, so the only major difference I can see is that I won't be offering the CNCed front panels.

For anyone else wanting to purchase I'm hoping to post at the end of next week..

Your PCBs will be arriving through me :)
I'll be getting the plugpack through Electus in bulk; I believe we'd get a better price by combining our orders if you'd like to jump on for that part?
I'm beginning to think I should have done likewise (added cost for sorting & labelling) - I'm about to order over 1000 part bags, several dozen postage satchels and a desktop thermal label printer, all out of my own pocket :)
If you want to get panels done you or your participants are welcome to ship them to me and add to my order.

Your PCBs will be arriving through me :)
Huh? I have 10 PCB's being printed as we speak..

I'll be getting the plugpack through Electus in bulk
Yes that would make it a lot cheeper..

If you want to get panels done you or your participants are welcome to ship them to me and add to my order.
That would be awesome.. (are you getting the text done or just the holes?)
I will follow it up with anyone that has asked to purchase with me..

@Hovo, just curious on which version of the PCB that your getting printed up right now? NwAVGuy's August 30th or an earlier one? either way I'm interested in what you'll think of the amp once you finish building it. Seems like your group will be getting things put together soon.

@Hovo, just curious on which version of the PCB that your getting printed up right now? NwAVGuy's August 30th or an earlier one? either way I'm interested in what you'll think of the amp once you finish building it. Seems like your group will be getting things put together soon.

Yes it's a earlier design, the previous version to the August 30th one.
It doesn't look like he has made that many changes besides opening it up for more component selection.

Im just wishing the PCB manufacture would post the boards already ;)
Im really wanting to give this baby a whirl.

Will let you know how it goes..

Hovo - you really should be using the latest design, he made some rather important design changes.
Anyway - my mistake, I thought you had ordered PCBs through olli in the UK like everyone else. I'm the Aus distributor. :)
I was going to produce a short run of boards myself also - but I wanted some upgrades; namely matte black soldermask (for looks) and immersion gold finish (for function, and looks), and 100% electrical testing of the boards. I did much hunting around and found that the only way to get a good deal on these upgrades was going large-scale - so I discussed the matter with olli and we upgraded the whole run!
No matter - still happy to share what I can with power supplies and front panels. They will be drilled & CNC engraved. :)

Hovo - you really should be using the latest design, he made some rather important design changes.

Im using the August 25th files, as this is the date I ordered the PCB's.
It doen't look like the have changed that much?
I would have held out if I knew another revision was going to be so soon.

I'm getting my boards through Seeed Studio Bazaar, Boost ideas, extend the reach, im sure they have most of the features that your were after and the min is 10 boards for cheep prices!!

I'm quite familiar with Seeed - they were who I was going to go with. They are fantastic for short runs and prototype jobs - however large scale and reliability are not two words I would associate with them. They also don't offer the black soldermask and I have heard rumors their ENIG finish is poorly done.
For standard board runs - like yours - they are just fine. I just hope you went with some kind of express/courier shipping; I've had orders from them take weeks even with EMS.

They also don't offer the black soldermask and I have heard rumors their ENIG finish is poorly done.
They do if you order white boards, this would be my first time ordering boards through them. So far the experience has been ok not great but ok..

I just hope you went with some kind of express/courier shipping; I've had orders from them take weeks even with EMS.
Yep I have had the same experience, 2 months later package arrives. Oh did I order that!
FedEx is shipping all my parts this time and so far all packages have arrived under a week once posted.

Sorry for the lack of updates,
I have the cases, components (bagged up and ready) but still waiting on the PCB's
They have just been shipped so with any luck they should arrive next week.

I'm going to try and get one of my mates to CNC my front pannel, another option is to get BlueFusion to do this for you. I'm willing to post him the pannel free of charge but you will have to sort out any extra shipping and CNC costs.

Cheers
Hovo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.