• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Headphone Amplifier GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
@BlueFusion:
I am coordinating the parts GB for everybody in Europe.
If you would like me to order the pots and forward them to you, I could do that.
Right now it looks like I'll be ordering from Mouser and Farnell, but I could add RS...
Cheers - but doesn't look like it will be necessary. I'm taking RocketScientist's advice and going with the 15mm equivalent pot from Mouser - meaning I can get every item from Mouser bar the case from Farnell.
Thanks though :)

Okey doke, I have updated the online spreadsheet (first link in my sig). If there is anything wrong or you want me to double check then please email me or PM me to let me know.

If anyone has any questions (perhaps ones that I have missed and forgotten about) then again, drop me an email or pop me a PM.

Cheers

I'm still hopeful for having the boards shipped before October - it depends on how long PayPal ignore me though.

Jokener: okey doke I'll send you a PM in a minute.

Latest PCB prototype
As we all know the PCB has recently been modified a bit and these have not yet been prototyped. Given the vast size of this order it would be nice, for peace of mind, if we could prototype it. PayPal are delaying things anyway so time is somewhat freely available.

RocketScientist has been looking at proto services but it looks like it will come in at about $120 - a not inconsiderable sum of money that he would understandably rather not have to pay (his financial contributions to this project are already beyond 'beer money', not to mention his time input).

I'm rambling but at the moment he is researching a promotional deal which may turn out to be much better value. He'll be keeping me updated on that.

So the point is, if anyone knows of/has access to cheap and quick prototype board manufacturers then please let one of us know.

I know of Silver Circuits at PCB Prototypes but that's about it for that tricky combination of cheap AND fast. And they aren't that cheap. Other than that, perhaps our fab house would be willing to produce a prototype board considering the volume of the run that's being produced? This seems like an option worth investigation.
Also - I've preemptively contacted paypal to ask if there's anything I can do to avoid falling foul of their buyer protection myself. I'll let you know if/when I get a reply!

Last edited:
RocketScientist has been looking at proto services but it looks like it will come in at about $120 - a not inconsiderable sum of money that he would understandably rather not have to pay .

What about Olimex ? They do one double side board for about Eur 30 + shipping.
Their boards are 160x100mm so two O2 boards can be made from one (they also panelize/depanelize for free).

Last edited:
Latest PCB prototype
As we all know the PCB has recently been modified a bit and these have not yet been prototyped. Given the vast size of this order it would be nice, for peace of mind, if we could prototype it. PayPal are delaying things anyway so time is somewhat freely available.

RocketScientist has been looking at proto services but it looks like it will come in at about $120 - a not inconsiderable sum of money that he would understandably rather not have to pay (his financial contributions to this project are already beyond 'beer money', not to mention his time input).

... if anyone knows of/has access to cheap and quick prototype board manufacturers then please let one of us know.

Earlier I thought I read you will be ordering the PCBs from Seeed. You could order 10 first for $25

Earlier I thought I read you will be ordering the PCBs from Seeed. You could order 10 first for $25
Thanks for all the suggestions. This isn't an easy thing. The problem with all the cheap services I know of is they (or at least the actual board houses) are in China. They typically quote 5 - 10 business days, then you have international shipping, customs, etc. By the time you get the boards it's usually 2 - 3 calendar weeks.

Then a board needs to be built and tested. And I'm the one in the best position (with an audio analyzer) to do proper testing. Then there's the leadtime for the production boards--another 2+ weeks. It all adds up to 1 - 2 months. That's a long time to ask everyone to wait after they've already paid their money.

I'm currently working on a USA solution and will update everyone soon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.