O2 Headphone Amplifier GB - Page 15 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2011, 10:05 PM   #141
Alexium is offline Alexium  Ukraine
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by olli1324 View Post
I simply don't have the time to organise a big group buy of parts.
I understand, time is quite a rare resource Thanks for your effort anyways. And, of course, thank you RocketScientist for creating and sharing such a good design.
Oh, what about payment methods? Do you accept Paypal?

Last edited by Alexium; 19th August 2011 at 10:09 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 10:15 PM   #142
diyAudio Member
 
olli1324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Exeter/London
Yep paypal is good. Make sure that you pay the fees youself though and don't just pass them onto me
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 10:18 PM   #143
Alexium is offline Alexium  Ukraine
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by olli1324 View Post
Make sure that you pay the fees youself though and don't just pass them onto me
Damn! Am I that transparent?
I still have to check if I can gather all the neccessary parts locally, but I gues the boards will still be available for some time, right?

Last edited by Alexium; 19th August 2011 at 10:21 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 10:44 PM   #144
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: HK
Please count me in, 4 x from Hong Kong
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 10:52 PM   #145
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by olli1324 View Post
Jesus that is insane pricing.

I'll get a quote from them just to double check....
I heard a lot of good things about Seeedstudio including experiences from a co-worker of mine

I did a quick calculation in their store pcb calculator:

PCB Qty. - 100
Layer - 2
PCB Thickness - 2.0mm
PCB Dimension - 10cm Max*10cm Max
PCB Color - Green
Surface Finish - Hasl
E-Test - 100% E-test

Total Items: 2 Weight: 770Gram Amount: $269.80
__________________
www.hifiduino.wordpress.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 10:52 PM   #146
diyAudio Member
 
olli1324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Exeter/London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexium View Post
I gues the boards will still be available for some time, right?
I'm not quite sure what you mean? After this group buy I don't know when another would be (or when someone will just buy a whole load of stock). If there are any surplus boards left over from this GB they will probably be snapped up very quickly.

If I were you I would get a board now and worry about parts later
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 11:27 PM   #147
diyAudio Member
 
RocketScientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
I heard a lot of good things about Seeedstudio including experiences from a co-worker of mine

I did a quick calculation in their store pcb calculator:

PCB Qty. - 100
Layer - 2
PCB Thickness - 2.0mm
Amount: $269.80
Note! 2mm won't work. It has to be 1.6 mm (the normal thickness of 0.062 in) or possibly less.

For volumes of 100 that's a competitive price out of China. But, to be honest, Olli is probably better off using a board vendor directly. I think Seeedstudio just subcontracts the work out. And, in my experience, sometimes you do get quite what you ordered as it ends up merged with another job with somewhat different specs, etc. For a prototype that's not usually a huge problem. But for production boards in 100+ quantities you shouldn't have to make any compromises.

And, despite the page still being up on their website, it's my understanding they're getting out of the bare PC board business as it didn't turn out to be profitable for them.
__________________
http://nwavguy.com - Personal non-commercial audio blog
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 11:49 PM   #148
glt is offline glt  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketScientist View Post
Note! 2mm won't work. It has to be 1.6 mm (the normal thickness of 0.062 in) or possibly less.

For volumes of 100 that's a competitive price out of China. But, to be honest, Olli is probably better off using a board vendor directly. I think Seeedstudio just subcontracts the work out. And, in my experience, sometimes you do get quite what you ordered as it ends up merged with another job with somewhat different specs, etc. For a prototype that's not usually a huge problem. But for production boards in 100+ quantities you shouldn't have to make any compromises.

And, despite the page still being up on their website, it's my understanding they're getting out of the bare PC board business as it didn't turn out to be profitable for them.
I see. The 1.6 mm is $50 less. So it should work for your prototypes. For 10 boards is $25 and 5 bucks shipping to the US...
Is 1.6mm because of the case?
__________________
www.hifiduino.wordpress.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 12:05 AM   #149
diyAudio Member
 
olli1324's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Exeter/London
Quote:
Originally Posted by glt View Post
Is 1.6mm because of the case?
Indeed - the slots in the case are too tight to hold 2mm boards.
  Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 02:10 AM   #150
diyAudio Member
 
RocketScientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Northwest
UPDATE: The PDF documentation package and parts list (BOM) spreadsheet have been revised slightly to correct a couple minor things some sharp eyed O2 fans caught. The latest version is 6pm August 19th and is available on Google Docs.
__________________
http://nwavguy.com - Personal non-commercial audio blog
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Objective2 (O2) Headphone Amp DIY Project RocketScientist Headphone Systems 4132 20th November 2014 05:47 PM
GB -- "VU Meter Amplifier" PCB jackinnj Group Buys 100 8th July 2013 08:15 AM
sheng ya cd o2 harshness duderduderini Digital Source 2 17th May 2006 03:46 PM
Conrad Heatsinks GB in GB/EU bremen nacht Parts 1 1st February 2006 09:48 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 03:13 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2