• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Headphone Amplifier GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
olli, you're taking payment for international orders now? how do this work? i send my paypal address to your PM?

Great, then please count in.

2x EU

When and where to send payment?

Regards,
Igor

I you simply send a PayPal payment to the address in the spreadsheet then that would be perfect. Make sure you choose the option to cover the fees yourselves, though :)

I have updated the online spreadsheet - I implore you all to have a gander and pay up :D (With the exception of CAN and US residents, of course).

My many thanks to those who have paid up, doubly especially those who 'rounded up' their order :)

Last edited:
Payment sent. If I messed up something, please let me know.

I'm afraid that are in the gang of 7 who have underpaid.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: When making your payment PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE NET AMOUNT (i.e. after PayPal fees) is EQUAL TO (or exceeds!) the amount shown by your name in the spreadsheet.

I will be getting round to emailing all who have underpaid asap.

As an indication, PayPal fees are 20p + some 3 or 4% of the transaction value. I do believe there is an option to tick to choose to pay the fees yourself which does make things a lot easier. Make sure you keep an eye out for it.

I haven't said anything about gift payments, but I'm a bit wary of them because PayPal don't like accounts receiving 100 gift payments in the course of a few days.

Hope you all understand!

Cheers, and keep 'em coming.

Edit: and I know a lot of the underpayments aren't more than 30 odd pence, but given that the prices on the spreadsheet are near as dammit cost, the underpayments could end up leaving us short at the end of the GB.

Last edited:
olli,
I have enoguh interest to do a PCB order just in Aus - however since I'm already going to be shipping out I'd also be happy to distribute orders here if anybody is still ordering through you. :)
Not sure what options you're planning on for the PCBs but I'm going to bear the extra cost to upgrade the Aus orders to ENIG finish (gold pads), possibly blue soldermask and 100% e-test.
Also if you upgrade your PayPal account to Premier or Business then you won't get so much attention from them regarding suddenly receiving hundreds of payments. :)

I you simply send a PayPal payment to the address in the spreadsheet then that would be perfect. Make sure you choose the option to cover the fees yourselves, though :)

I have updated the online spreadsheet - I implore you all to have a gander and pay up :D (With the exception of CAN and US residents, of course).

Can you put a link to the Ssheet in your signature please Olli?

Cheers

Jon

olli,
I have enoguh interest to do a PCB order just in Aus - however since I'm already going to be shipping out I'd also be happy to distribute orders here if anybody is still ordering through you. :)
Not sure what options you're planning on for the PCBs but I'm going to bear the extra cost to upgrade the Aus orders to ENIG finish (gold pads), possibly blue soldermask and 100% e-test.
Also if you upgrade your PayPal account to Premier or Business then you won't get so much attention from them regarding suddenly receiving hundreds of payments. :)

I think my account is already a business one, which, as you say, should help keep the monsters at PayPal at bay.

PCBs will be as standard on this GB. Your gold and blue boards should look pretty!

If you want to be the AUS distributor then that would be fantastic - I'll be in touch via PM in due course.

Hello, Olli.
There is no information about shipping cost to Ukraine in the thread, so my calculations:
For 2 X (Ukraine): (2x1.29[2 PCB] + 0.15[packaging] + 1.49 [Airmail Small Packets, under 100 g, to Ukraine])*1.05 [buffer]=4.43

Is it correct?
Regards, Max

Nearly! £4.34 net is what you owe. (I haven't added you to the online spreadsheet, only my personal one, but you can pay before you see your name come up online if you want).

I see. How did they resolve the problem?

You just need to log into your account and answer the security questions they put to you. It's to stop money-laundering I believe. It *might* stop your account for a few days. I ended up ringing them direct and sorting it out. It's a pain when you're in the middle of running a group buy, though. :rolleyes:

Edit:

Ah, I see you've got a business account already (for Epiphany, I assume), so you'll be fine.

Last edited:
I'm afraid that are in the gang of 7 who have underpaid.

NOTE TO EVERYONE: When making your payment PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE NET AMOUNT (i.e. after PayPal fees) is EQUAL TO (or exceeds!) the amount shown by your name in the spreadsheet.

I had that happen on a recent PCB CCS group buy. Sent what I thought would be the total without any fees on the receiving end via the paypal rules, but the person running the GB got hit with fees and I sent a second paypal to cover, plus my guess at what fees on that second pay pal would be.

I had a chat with PayPal about that yesterday. They are saying that if the sending party pays via a bank checking account transfer, as I did, then there is no way to know the receiving-end fees upfront from the sending end and the receiving party gets hit. She told me the receiving party would have to check with the paypal subsidiary in their country to find out what the receiving fees would be from a given country and let me know before the (checking account) transfer so I could add them. But she says if the payment is made via a credit card then the option box of having the sending party cover all fees shows up somehow, and the receiving fees are charged retroactively when they are known on the receiving end. I had used the checking account transfer method since it said somewhere in the rules there would be no fees, but she says that only applies to the sending end.

So... I had her repeat that three times to see if I got the same story... PayPal is saying that the payment has to be from a credit card to get the option for the sender to cover all fees, both sending (if any) and receiving end. At least I will try that this time.

Last edited:
I had that happen on a recent PCB CCS group buy. Sent what I thought would be the total without any fees on the receiving end via the paypal rules, but the person running the GB got hit with fees and I sent a second paypal to cover, plus my guess at what fees on that second pay pal would be.

I had a chat with PayPal about that yesterday. They are saying that if the sending party pays via a bank checking account transfer, as I did, then there is no way to know the receiving-end fees upfront from the sending end and the receiving party gets hit. She told me the receiving party would have to check with the paypal subsidiary in their country to find out what the receiving fees would be from a given country and let me know before the (checking account) transfer so I could add them. But she says if the payment is made via a credit card then the option box of having the sending party cover all fees shows up somehow, and the receiving fees are charged retroactively when they are known on the receiving end. I had used the checking account transfer method since it said somewhere in the rules there would be no fees, but she says that only applies to the sending end.

So... I had her repeat that three times to see if I got the same story... PayPal is saying that the payment has to be from a credit card to get the option for the sender to cover all fees, both sending (if any) and receiving end. At least I will try that this time.

Its all a bit confusing, isn't it! That explains why a couple of people have told me they couldn't see an option to pay the fees on their end.

People have been very good at covering the shortfall so far, fortunately. The number of underpayers also seems to have gone down since I posted the details of how to calculate the fees on top of the board cost.

@johnclancy - indeed, it is already a business account for Epiphany Acoustics so it should be all good.

28 payments already (and that is excluding the US/CAN orders which make up half of the list) - I'm really impressed with the timeliness of you guys. Although you have absolutely rushed me off my feet this morning, I appreciate it :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.