• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

group buy for DX Blame MKIII Hx PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here goes:

I am hosting a group buy for PCBs for the DX Blame MKIII Hx (also known as the DX Blame Supercharged) for North America. Amp design is by Destroyer X, a.k.a. Carlos Mergulaho. Board design is by Alex mm.

Long story short: I made some changes I thought were necessary, and some I thought were minor improvements. I became impatient when I didn't get an approval/rejection from Alex fast enough. He was traveling at the time. So I posted the boards with my changes asking for comments. Being new, I was not aware of Alex's tremendous experience and skill designing PCB's. I was foolish, even arrogant, to think I could improve upon Alex's design:sorry:. What I thought were mistakes in the design were actually not mistakes at all.

The group buy will continue with the boards exactly has Alex mm as designed them. I will not touch the design.

Thread for the Dx Blame MKIII Hx is here: Dx Blame MKIII Supercharged will soon be released

Included is Alex's image of the board.

I have not received a new quote from Advanced Circuits in Colorado, but will post as soon as is possible - probably by the end of the day Tuesday.

I'll try to buy 50 boards, as there is a price break at 50.

If you want a board, send me a PM with your shipping address. I'll send you my PayPall address and cost for shipping. Boards will be shipped via USPS from Lawrence, KS.

I can only receive payments via PayPall.

I apologize for any inconvenience / confusion I may have caused.

-Byron (a.k.a. ByronInLawrence)

Attachments

• AMP DX MK III.PDF.pdf
    156.9 KB · Views: 2,313
I do appreciate Byron decision.... it was taken after we had some conversations about

And this have all my support and blessings.... a very good movement, respecting Alexandru layout design as he could not have Alex mm approval due to the fact Alexandru is busy travelling.

I do apologize for this confusion... was generated by our Dx Corporation group in order to make things in a fair, decent and respectable way.

I would ask you folks, from the first group buy, Apoopoo999, Woody1911a1, Sandbasser to confirm your orders, as A wayne already did.

Despite seems confused guys....Byron made what was right to be done.... he deserves our thanks as he is using his free time to work for us.... group buy is a hard task, time demanding, and only people that has great feelings dedicated to our people can do that.

Byron may contact moderators (clicking exclamation sign is the fast way to do that) and ask them to delete the previous group buy, also he may ask to remove the "replacement" word from this group buy.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Come on guys!...will you let diyaudio have less orders that a small forum

that has less than 1000 members?... watch what they have ordered in 72 hours.

I hope we have more builders in this forum....as we are the biggest wide world audio forum.

hehehe... will you let our forum loose?:devily:

regards,

Carlos:):):)

Attachments

• Orders after 72 hours.jpg
    Orders after 72 hours.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 3,015
Great Sandbasser..... i feel you are worried with a capacitor

And i perceive it can be this one here....others had the same question before

It is a tradition only...one day i had oscilations superimposed to the positive half wave in the Dx Blame ES amplifier... a very long time ago.... them i tried to stop it... oscilations where driven by high frequency burst of signals.... tones higher than 25 kilohertz, sometimes was driving the amplifier into oscilations..and a small burst of high frequency of 1 Megahertz was appearing into the positive half of the square wave inspected into the scope.... i could remove it using this small capacitor.... reason why it continue to be present in my amplifiers...it is a "just in case" capacitor... a cheap small ceramic unit.

Do not worry...do not harm...if you want you can remove it.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Is this one you wanna know.jpg
    Is this one you wanna know.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 1,089
Last edited:
Status of DX Blame MKIII Hx group buy

Things are moving!

I took a chance and ordered the boards yesterday (Tuesday). Ship date is August 2.
Cost/board is $16.99 not including shipping. Keep in mind that these are 10.5" boards which hold 5 pairs of transistors! I opened up a FedEx account yesterday so I can get slightly cheaper and easier shipping. Previously I said USPS. I changed my mind.

So far I have orders for 22 boards. Enclosed are the calculations used to arrive at $16.99/board. Also enclosed is the list of promised buyers. Soon, I'll add the confirmation sheet from the manufacturer with personal data blacked out as a PDF.

Instructions for buyers:

1. Send me your shipping address in a PM and how many boards you want.
  2. I'll respond with the cost, including shipping, and my email address for PayPal. I have a day job, so I may not respond right away.
  3. Send me the money via PayPal. One has asked if he can send via Western Union and I said OK, but I prefer PayPal. You don't need to send money right away. But of course, I won't ship until I get the payment.
  4. Boards are expected to arrive at my house on or near August 2. I plan to ship from work, and FedEx shows up there every day, so shipping should be pretty fast.
  5. You build an awesome ROCK'N amplifier with the boards you get, and post photos in the gallery.
I know I'm taking a risk paying for the boards before I have promises to buy them all. My thinking is that even if I don't sell them all right away, the immediate availability of boards will bring instant-gratification types on "board" (no pun intended). Then after people start building and testifying how amazing this amp is, more people will want boards.

Attachments

• DX Blame MKIII buyers.JPG
    DX Blame MKIII buyers.JPG
    13.3 KB · Views: 1,069
  • DX Blame MKIII cost structure.JPG
    DX Blame MKIII cost structure.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 1,046
Last edited:
Well.... it continue to be cheap compared to other group buys we had in the past

In the future these circuits will have the value of relics ... not only mine but all the plates produced in small numbers within this DIY forum, they will be rarities, antiquities and treasures .... amplifiers are manufactured by the thousands .... we do 50 or less kits for each model series .. little gems for their rarity, precious by the fact that you built, which creates extra value for your descendants .. one day an amplifier may be worth a lot of money for your children and grandchildren because it will be part of DIY forums, audiophile designs, will be part of the history of audio ... I'm old ... within 10 or 20 years I will be with the angels (or demons) .. then it will be worth even more, then think about it a bit.

regards,

Carlos

I have posted some advertisement about the Dx Corporation

and you can see them in the MKIII-Hx thread....here is the text:

Uncle charlie have not landed in this forum using a parachute..i have not arrive here yesterday.

I was here learning along 8 years (aprox).... and i had the best teacher someone can have...Mr. Hugh Dean from Aspen Amplifiers...the manufacturer of great AKSA amplifiers.... since i was 9 years old (51 years ago) i was building amplifiers..they used to explode as i had not knowledge enough to realise the circuit had mistakes.... i could not detect clear errors...i had not knowledge as a kid i was...but i have learned a lot..i have studied and the main advantage i had is that i have built more then 6300 amplifiers along these years...sometimes i build one and half amplifier each day...i always had time to do these things..we find time to the things we love.

Several amplifiers exploded.... more than 25 percent i think....but i have learned listening, tweaking and i have developed a science.... "force amplifiers to run.. how to do that"...also expertise in the production of Frankstein alike things..one part from Aksa, other circuit from other brand... and let they mix for sonics!

There's history.... several amplifiers built and shared in this forum...more than 600 builders and several group buys opened and 80 percent of them had more than 30 orders... some brazilian groups reached 100 orders...so..i have learned burning my fingertips.

The MKIII-Hx, is now a days the best one..the most modern ones and the result of all this long time research... you have the chance to have it...without any trick... it is cost price..the lowest price you can have for the quality offered...join us!..it is almost for free...give yourself a chance to be happy.

Of course you gonna have my support life long (well...some years more..i am old)

Link to the images posted in the MKIII-Hx thread:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...mkiii-supercharged-will-soon-released-18.html

regards,

Carlos

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.