• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

group buy for DX Blame MKIII Hx PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
error is fixed

OOPS! Leaving all that space on top of the board was unintentional. I didn't think it would appear in the gerbers. I caught the mistake and sent correct files to Advanced Circuits before it was too late. Before they started making the wrong board.

The top edge and the transistor holes have been carefully measured to assure that the transistors will be flush with a heatsink without bending or straining the leads. I used the chip's PDF's to get correct measurements.

Attached are the correct images from AC.

Also, copper thickness has been increased from 1oz (0.35mm) to 2oz (0.7mm). I am soooooooooo new at this!

Attachments

• DX Blame MKIII HX_silkscreen.pdf
    96.7 KB · Views: 222
  • DX Blame MKIII HX_copper.pdf
    23 KB · Views: 187
  • DX Blame MKIII HX_soldermask.pdf
    15.1 KB · Views: 179
Besides the wider board, it seems there are quite a few differences as well when you compare to one of the latest iterations as seen in the other thread (see post #232 by alex mm http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/187449-dx-blame-mkiii-supercharged-will-soon-released-24.html#post2647662 ), isn't it?

It looks like Alex was posting three different versions of the same board. The one on the left is the one we went with. You will note it is the same as the images posted here.

As I recall it Byron ordered 50 boards but his quote hasn't reach 50 correct me if I'm wrong.

You are correct. But I am going ahead with the group buy. I will have to pay for any unsold boards out of my pocket. I am relying on additional orders coming in once the board is sent to users and they start sending feedback.

Additional orders have been coming in, but I have not added them up yet.

what happened to the board ? that is just wrong . it should be @ 10.5 x 3.5 , not 10.5 x 4.5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's all that empty space ? are we supposed to cut it off ?

Woody

As Carlos (DestroyerX) said, I got the fixed gerbers to the manufacturer in time to avoid a delay or any extra costs. You should have seen my panic when I realized the mistake Tuesday night!:cuss:
The correct gerbers were waiting for the manufacturer when they opened Wednesday morning. I called and e-mailed to make sure they got them, and they will use the correct ones. Boards are still scheduled for August 4. Price is the same.

I'm so sorry for all this panic!

more images

Board size is 266mm X 90mm. The picture on the right shows the soldermask in white. The long tracks are for tinning.

Attachments

• DX Blame MKIII V2.3.jpg
    DX Blame MKIII V2.3.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 313
  • DX Blame MKIII V2.3 with soldermask.jpg
    DX Blame MKIII V2.3 with soldermask.jpg
    615.7 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
Misalignment?

I'm sorry Carlos, what misalignment? This looks good to me! I carefully measured all the transistors to the edge of the board to be sure the transistors would mount nicely to a heatsink. In the case of the three MJE1530X transistors, there is ~2.6mm between the hole and the board edge. Yet there is also ~1mm of copper-free space around the edge of the board to prevent accidental shorts. I had to make some transistor pads smaller to satisfy this criteria.

Are you joking, or do you really see a misalignment?

Not that important Byron...let it be.

I have worked in Television Stations a long time ago... i was Master controller, the switcher operator...someone that has the charge (one of them) to take care about the movie tittle alignment..to inspect and to switch to the air when aligned..perfectly horizontally aligned.... because of that i have developed a kind of eagle eyes to see these things.... my brain detects tenth of degree of misaligned and an alarm buzzer plays immediately inside my head if something is wrong.

My problem... my own neurosis man....let it be..... i was a trained chimp these days..to evaluate video quality, audio quality and image alignment..that was my charge and obligation...my job.

We had audio and video processors....shure components....to compress, decompress and expand, to equalize, noise reduction, power amplifiers, JBL professional monitors.... i was in heaven these days... having Senheiser headphones ...i use to linearise audio transmitted in order not to have increase of volume when pgm was switched to advertisement..... these days we worked better..not the shame we have now a days where you have to reduce audio volume during advertisement and increase when the movie or show or news go to the air.

I had made several curses, studies about audio...i was deeply trained...i do have 36 certificates, papers, documents about the studies i have made these days..... and about audio..... was the heaven..the biggest and best Television Network in Brasil (Rede Globo), and i was the Master..... a lot of money, 4 hours working each day in the control, i had several motorcicles and nice sport automobiles (Porsche) in my garage, and a lot of girl friends.

So, let the misalignment, as it made me remember that i had all the best....best job, best place to born (Rio de Janeiro), best street and place (Copacabana), best family, best College...all the best...and now i am working with the best audio world design ever made and the best forum crew men... also having the best audiophiles in our Corporation.... working with the best Blameless based family of awesome amplifiers...the cream from the cream..the best between the best.

Look at the crew.... you have learned how to use Sprint Layout in three days!....you are a scientist from a US College....look at Meanman... he is with me since 2004.... a strong supporter and one of the earliest members from the Corporation... look at Alex mm... considered the best layout man in our forum...the best 3D man with us....all the best are with me..i have all reasons to be proud..... so...let the small misalignment be there...let it be... i will survive.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Master controller.jpg
    Master controller.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 3D.jpg
    3D.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 1968 Porsche.jpg
    1968 Porsche.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.