group buy for DX Blame MKIII Hx PCBs - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th July 2011, 02:03 AM   #71
diyAudio Member

Default images from GERBERS

These images are from the manufacturer, Advanced Circuits, made from the gerbers I sent them.

The board will be about 10.5" by 4.5". Copper and soldermask on one side. Silkscreen on the other. Green board with white silkscreen. Copper will be 1oz (0.35mm) thick. Copper tracks are left exposed along high current-carrying tracks for the builder to tin. That's what those long lines are in the soldermask. There are holes for terminal blocks, and for soldering directly to the board - your choice.

Carlos, maybe you could post the circuit diagram?

We'll be happy to answer any questions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DX Blame MKIII HX silkscreen.pdf (96.8 KB, 167 views)
File Type: pdf DX Blame MKIII HX copper.pdf (21.9 KB, 128 views)
File Type: pdf DX Blame MKIII HX soldermask.pdf (13.9 KB, 126 views)
Old 27th July 2011, 07:55 AM   #72
diyAudio Member

Default Here you have the schematic

It is not pretty...if someone wants to colaborate/cooperate and draw a better schematic (more pretty), then please, go ahead.

This was made using a simulator software.... NI Multisim 10 ... do not looks good.

This amplifier was not created using simulator...it was assembled and ideas tested and sonics tuned to each subcircuit... then finally was simulated.

I have assembled two prototypes and both prototypes played 300 hours for testing purposes.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Simulator.jpg (72.4 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg The mess while operating.jpg (364.6 KB, 241 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dx Blame MKIII Hx.pdf (110.1 KB, 120 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 27th July 2011 at 08:04 AM.
Old 27th July 2011, 08:12 AM   #73
diyAudio Member

Default Despite transistor printed into the circuit board and also in the schematic

are MJL3281 and it's counterpart, the suggested transistor, the really strong ones.... the reliable ones are these ones you see in the pdf....these are the ones i point as the stronger ones i could test at my home.

They have the same size (to264), but many other models can be used instead of these ones.... but my guarantee goes only to MJL4281A and MJL4302A.... you can substitute by its cousins...but do that under your own risk...there are several possible substitutions, and 2SC5200 and 2SA1943 are the most used ones...but all these are weaker compared to the ones i am pointing to you.

Sometimes speakers have strange impedance valleys (graphic) depending the frequency..this demands a lot of extra current to the power transistors.... and the ones i am suggesting are huge and will operate in the safe area.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MJL4302A e MJL4281A.pdf (59.2 KB, 70 views)
Old 27th July 2011, 10:16 AM   #74
diyAudio Member

what happened to the board ? that is just wrong . it should be @ 10.5 x 3.5 , not 10.5 x 4.5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

what's all that empty space ? are we supposed to cut it off ?

Woody
Old 27th July 2011, 10:18 AM   #75
diyAudio Member

the silkscreen even says 87mm , but then the board got much wider . how are we going to mount the outputs to the heatsinks ?

Woody
Old 27th July 2011, 11:14 AM   #76
diyAudio Member

Default Yes.... a mistake i think...i have asked Byron to fix that

I had problems because of "L" shape adaptor.... and board offering this option is dangerous...to this level of power we cannot have adaptors.

This may create a lot of troubles..we may have to use thermal protector and it switches the amplifier off when over heated...so...one more board...not a good idea.

See this video attached below..... i found that even using thermal grease, and also using thermal grease into "L" shape adaptor...even using Mica insulators together thermal grease i had troubles, and this amplifier shown is only 240 watts...imagine this monster we have here in this group buy?...that can put out 1 kilowatt (distorting)...will be a hell on earth.

Also i have used more screws to fix the adaptor.... no good result...when playing loud for long time i had the temperature going to around 65 degrées celsius..and this is dangerous... transistor junction will be very hot... several important specifications will change because of temperature.

‪Supercharged L adaptor heat transference issues‬‏ - YouTube

I do think Byron is trying to offer this as option..as people can use it or saw the excess of board off... what i do not know is if people want to use their saw.... say... paying for boards that will need some work to be done on them.

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 27th July 2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 27th July 2011, 11:22 AM   #77
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Saw off the excess PCB.
File/grind/sand the edge till you are happy with accuracy and finish.
Now mount the devices direct to the heatsink.
Mechanically support the PCB so that vibration/movement does not fatigue the connections off board.
Old 27th July 2011, 11:44 AM   #78
diyAudio Member

Carlos, it is an awful work to saw off the excess of a 1.6mm (over even 2.0mm) thick fiberglass PCB. I tried it once and and failed. Maybe because I do not own the required tool.

I would not offer a choice how to mount the trasistors. Supply it for vertical mount only.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos
Old 27th July 2011, 11:47 AM   #79
diyAudio Member

Default Yes...it is not that easy to saw...people must have skills to do that

and to make it good looking we have to sand it using 120 grain sandpaper over a glass (flat surface)..... it is a really awfull work...very boring.

I have asked Byron to return to smaller board.

I had problems with adaptor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NchtCdxD5XM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lvs65yDmag

regards,

Carlos

Last edited by destroyer X; 27th July 2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 27th July 2011, 03:25 PM   #80
diyAudio Member

Default Byron has fixed.... no need to worry anymore...he realised

yesterday night and he moved fast to fix.

regards,

Carlos

Hide this!Advertise here!