• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

group buy for DX Blame MKIII Hx PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend from other forum told me these heatsinks

are presenting 52 degrées Celsius (Centigrades)... this is too much hot.... better if you can keep these ones at 45 to 47 degrées.

A taller, or bigger heatsink will be needed for him to cool down these two transistors mounted in separated heatsinks.... they are lovely but small, not that tall as i was dreaming for.

The guys is using 68 volts supplies...... and the higher the supply voltage the bigger will be the problem related these heatsinks.

In my construction, home prototypes using standard supply voltage, i have not noticed heat there because these transistors where mounted into the main heatsink...but seems you may face some trouble because heat there.

Be aware you may have to replace these heatsinks for larger ones.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• DSC_5053.jpg
    DSC_5053.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 942
May give me one as a gift.

Ahahahahahaha.:)

regards,

Carlos

Boa noite Carlos.
Você tem os arquivos desse amplificador (esquema e layout)?
Se tiver e puder me enviar, fico agradecido.
Um abraço e obrigado.

translation by modeartion :cop:
and email removed, please use PM in public

Charles Goodnight.
Do you have files that amp (schematic and layout)?
And if you can send me, I'm grateful.
A hug and thanks.

Dx

Hi .
I am building the dx blame, and i have a question regarding heatsink.
I'm on a budget so I'm using an old chassis, it's going to get a paint job, quite a yellow chassis, the heatsink are from an old pa amplifier and weigh around 5 kilos, my only problem is the fins, they are horizontal, convection must be degraded or am I wrong, adding some pics

Attachments

• 20181202_125708.jpg
    20181202_125708.jpg
    729.7 KB · Views: 196
  • 20181202_125720.jpg
    20181202_125720.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 190
  • 20181202_125815.jpg
    20181202_125815.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 187
Hi ,
I have a 55-0-55 VAC toroidal transformer after filtering total voltage is 68-0-68 VDC .
Total capacitance = 60,000 uf / 100 Volts.

Now let me know if this power supply can be used for making DX Blame MKIII HX modules.

Any way to get the PCBS?

Regards,
Samrat
Hi..
The pcb says +/÷ 64 volt,, reckon that you can go a little bit higher without changing component values, but your 55 volt must give more than your stated 68 volt.. 55 times 1.4, gives around 77 volt.
Regarding pcb I bought mine on eBay of Jim's.. he claims he's an authorized dealer, but if you ask Carlos the designer it's a whole other story.. had I known the that I would have done things different.. maybe pm meanman here on diyaudio, I think he got original pcb made, maybe he has some in stock.. well happy New Year to all :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.