group buy for DX Blame MKIII Hx PCBs - Page 12 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th July 2011, 11:34 AM   #111
diyAudio Member

Default More about adjustments.... the Dx Blame MKIII-Hx setup

You need huge..really huge heatsinks... this amplifier can reach one kilowatt (distorting as a crazy dog barking)..but it can go to that power during audio peaks and transients while using 2 ohms loads.... this will produce a lot of heat...if you do not have huge heatsinks the thermal compensation will not make miracles..will be unable to fix that wrong sittuation about heatsinks.... you will have thermal avalanche and your output transistor will be destroyed.

1000 watts in my mind represents a heatsink that is equivalent (area exposed to the air) to 100 (yes, a hundred) aluminium blades measuring 10 bv 10 centimeters.... this is for continuous power at 30 degrees celsius environment temperature..if heatsink is in the correct position and outside the enclosure (not obstructed)..this is for continuous.... to music (average) you can have a 2 kilowatt audio amplifier using this heatsink (100 blades one)

You have to produce your supply..use industrial heatsinks...the huge ones..for 30 amperes to each channel.... i have not suggested series coils..because will be hard to use them with the current we gonna drain...better not to use them..will be a hell on earth..they will overheat and will burn your board and will result in voltage drop there because resistance, even small, is something enougth to drop some volts because of huge current crossing it.

The video:

‪Adjustment to Dx Blame MKIII-Hx‬‏ - YouTube

More images attached,

New updated schematic attached.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stand by current set up for monitoring and adjustment.jpg (81.8 KB, 253 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dx Blame MKIII-Hx updated July, 28th - 2011.pdf (109.6 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by destroyer X; 29th July 2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 29th July 2011, 04:05 PM   #112
diyAudio Member

Default I want to check this boards... say... dinamically

So, i gonna try myself.... copy is not fine (smaller than my needs) but i will try anyway.

regards,

Carlos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I will try myself.jpg (420.0 KB, 246 views)
Old 30th July 2011, 01:35 AM   #113
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
What is the price for a stereo set of boards ?
I'm so sorry I forgot all about your question. It's $16.99, not including shipping from Lawrence KS.

I'm over by 4 boards right now, but I'm told that usually a few people back out when it comes time to pay. So tell me if you want to join the wait list.

Last edited by ByronInPortland; 30th July 2011 at 01:46 AM. Reason: typo
Old 30th July 2011, 01:45 AM   #114
diyAudio Member

Talking down the home stretch!

Boards are scheduled to be shipped to me August 4, Thursday of next week. We currently have orders for 4 more boards than will be made. So two of you are in a "wait list".

I've been told it is common for some people to back out when it comes time to pay, which means those on the wait list (in red) will probably get your boards.

Also, Meanman is running a group buy for the same boards in Europe, on a different forum, and he may have extra boards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DX Blame MKIII HX buyers 2011-07-29.JPG (25.6 KB, 209 views)
Old 30th July 2011, 02:15 AM   #115
diyAudio Member

Someone can have my two boards. This is more power.. and heat than I need. I have plenty of Class A electric heaters. I will try one of Carlos' lower power versions. For some reason, i missed the Hx in the title. I was just wanting to try one of his designs.
Old 30th July 2011, 10:39 AM   #116
diyAudio Member

Default Mine lower power versions will have help, follow up, support and schematic published

when released in December,24th as Christmas gift to myself and to my friends from the Dx Corporation...i made that, the decision to publish latter, in order not to empty this group buy.

I will not stimulate, nor help, builders of my non published low power versions as they are in development..... i must test them and some modifications will be made in order to match (perfectly) the new supply voltage and output power.

I feel sorry as i have opened my damn big mouth and i have one already giving up to order boards...this worries me a lot...because Byron will have to eat non sold boards....but it is all right....he may give me a board if this happens..and this is interesting to me...hehehehehe.

In October i wil release another board, made by another man, a new layout, and this one will be for a little bit less power and gonna use 4 pairs n the output..... the Home Edition will be for 50/100W (December) and the Mini Edition will be for 20/40 Watts (aproximattely) and will be released in December too).

regards,

Carlos
Old 30th July 2011, 10:43 AM   #117
diyAudio Member

Default Byron is producing part list...or Bill of Material (BOM)

But this is extremely rigid....a non flexible list that shows suppliers, part numbers, codes and you have to order exactly that ones without have the change to use parts you already have..from junk, saved or previously ordered parts.

I decide to answer a question Byron has made in video, to help all of you to take your own decisions about capacitors values.

Please, download at google transistors datasheet to know where is base, colector and emitter not to install them inverted by accident.... 2N5401 and 2N5551 are tricky as they do not use the same pin others transistors use..be carefull with these folks.

Sorry, audio is long...i use to talk too much..but i hope this may help, at least, one of you...this will make my effort valuable.

‪Audiophoolery about capacitors - part 1‬‏ - YouTube

‪Capacitor Audiophoolery - Part 2‬‏ - YouTube

regards,

Carlos
Old 30th July 2011, 10:49 AM   #118
diyAudio Member

If Byron sells all the boards except for the two I asked for, I will happily buy the boards. I did not intend to leave him in a comprimisd position. I saw that others wanted the boards, so I offered. As I said, I will happily meet my commitment if it keeps him from eating any boards.
Old 30th July 2011, 11:17 AM   #119
diyAudio Member

Default It seems to me, dear Buzz, that if you give up will not be a trouble to him

he is having more orders than he can provide..so...if you give up may be a help for him.

No problems..it is all right dear Buzz...i do understand your reasons..you are free to go ahead or give up.

Never mind...i was just having my concerns about.... my own regrets about my damn big mouth that makes me talk too much and play against my group of cooperative friends..they open group buys and sometimes i do my sabotage (without the intention to do that).... offering options that may produce people giving up.

Byron have asked me not to do that...but i failed about that...talking too much.

Not your fault Buzz...was mine fault...sometimes i am deeply stupid.

regards,

Carlos
Old 30th July 2011, 11:21 AM   #120
diyAudio Member

Carlos, I very much want to try one of your amps, but I have efficient FR speakers and biamp my others, so the power is just uneccessary and will not be used.

Hide this!Advertise here!