• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

group buy for DX Blame MKIII Hx PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
how to measure output power using cheap tools

Use dummy load to measure, do not connect speakers while doing that...install resistor dummy load in order not to blow up your speaker.... from the dummy load you install 1K resistor, a 5 watts unit, then connect your speaker through this resistance, for monitoring purposes and protecting your speakers.

Low distortion sinusoidal high tech sound generator - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
I zm sorry BMW850, my schematic does not show the transistors suggested

This was posted in many places, also video was made suggesting..also in the board layout, Alex mm have printed in the silk screen these transistors you have searched.

The problem is that i have not these more modern models in my simulator, reason why the schematic produced by the simulator are showing different transistors compared to the ones i suggest..the ones i have used to test my amplifiers, the ones i trust the most, because stronger than others.

These power transistors are alike cousin, they belong to a family... their characteristics and specifications are not all that different...they compete offering almost the same performance.....but these ones are one of the best, top performers, to this case style..... for a while, because soon gonna be beated too.

The suggested transistors, the ones Rudi Rozek told us, are the ones accept to work with a little bit more current with our voltage supply of 63 volts, they are good for amplifiers from 50 to 70 volts as they deliver high current under this voltage....more than several others... reason why they where selected in order for you to overdrive your amplifier while using 2 ohms loads.... as you will distort, will reach 1 kilowatt or more of power without destroy the output transistors....this is good...this is reliable...even if someone decide to push the amplifier hard..even if speaker coil starts to short nearby windings and reduce the impedance...even this way the amplifier may survive... reliability was the intention when i have selected these transistors....but of course, other models may fit too.

These ones you bougth are good too...but not that good to face 2 ohms... i do think they will work with 4 ohms in a very confortable way...so.... these transistors pointed are not wrong...they are just less powerfull.

If you will not push your amplifier hard..if your speakers are not that powerfull..if you do not like distorted music, if your application is hobby, home music...then these transistors pointed in the schematic will be good.

But if you will distort, push the amplifier hard, if you will install series and parallel connections of multiple speakers, PA applications, parties, clubs, meetings, big halls needing powerfull sound, cinema, outdoor uses, heavy duty applications, rock bands, theater and so on..then it is better to use the heavy duty transistors, giant heatsinks, fan blowers and boards with speaker protection too.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Suggested power transistors to Dx amplifiers.jpg
    Suggested power transistors to Dx amplifiers.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Good news...boards already arriving

Can someone produce a good picture to me?

high resolution one, having some back light to show me coper tracks in a transparent way?....natural light without flash.

See images attached, one is reasonable, the brazilian blue board...the other in not that good...i want to see details and i cannot...please guys. help!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• reasonable ...  fair.jpg
    reasonable ... fair.jpg
    773.7 KB · Views: 379
  • Not that good.jpg
    Not that good.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 351
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.