• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

group buy for DX Blame MKIII Hx PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Just saw on post #39 I'm on the list. I'm reading all the earlier posts and may soon answer the how much and to what email address.

I havent revisited this thread in a while, and if I waited too late that's good, but if I'm accounted for still I need to pay up. Thanks!

Russellc

Bad news and good news and bad news

The bad news: Advanced Circuits put the copper and soldermask on the wrong side of the board. See enclosed photo. It's on the same side as the silkscreen. This is not just a cosmetic problem. Two-lead components can be install all the opposite side of the board, but three-lead components, like all those transistors, will either have to be flipped around, or soldered on the same side of the board as the copper.

The good news: I found an e-mail I sent to a technician at AC in which I unambiguously, precisely, explicitly, explained what I wanted. This e-mail is proof that it is AC who made the mistake. This is an $850 order, so I'll take them to court if I have to, but I don't think it will come to that.

The bad news: This means we still don't have boards. Even if this "issue" gets resolved quickly, I don't know how quickly AC can make new boards.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Attachments

• left side closeup cropped.jpg
    left side closeup cropped.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 315
Oh!...that's really bad news.

Now we have to wait... there's no other way.:(

Russel, as you see, Byron is having problems..... try Meanman, he may include you in other group buy as i do think Byron have closed orders for this group buy...boards where already manufactured.

If Byron have not registered your order..then go to Meanman as his group buy is still open and no boards where ordered.

1964roovers@gmail.com

regards,

Carlos

Russell , if you're on the list you are not too late . Byron was nice enough to just go ahead and buy the boards hoping that he'd have enough buyers . nobody has yet paid anything except him .

if you want them then you'll be all set when Byron gets things straightened out . if you've changed your mind , there's a waiting list of people interested so no problem :)

i know i'm kinda speaking for Byron here , but i'll back that up with my money if i'm wrong .

cheers Woody

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Russell , if you're on the list you are not too late . Byron was nice enough to just go ahead and buy the boards hoping that he'd have enough buyers . nobody has yet paid anything except him .

if you want them then you'll be all set when Byron gets things straightened out . if you've changed your mind , there's a waiting list of people interested so no problem :)

i know i'm kinda speaking for Byron here , but i'll back that up with my money if i'm wrong .

cheers Woody

I've not changed my mind, contacted Byron via PM, just waiting for the paypal invoice to my email account....havent received it yet...

Russellc

Greetings builders,

The manufacturer has agreed that this was at least partly their fault. I accidentally ordered the silkscreen to be put on the bottom of the board, when it was designed to go on the top. Because the board is not symmetrical, the silkscreen would not have lined up with the components. When AC saw this, they mirrored the copper, drill, and soldermask files to match the silkscreen. My argument was that if they had simply given we what I ordered, the silkscreen would have been messed up, but the board would have been usable. I also pointed out that a 30 second e-mail or phone call would have prevented this disaster. They didn't even send an e-mail to tell me they were modifying the files I sent them.

AC agreed with me, and will expedite manufacture of 50 new boards. I will post when they have arrived, and I have checked them, and seen that they are what I ordered.

-Byron

Byron,

When you say "AC agree that they are partly at fault", I hope it does not mean your out of pocket (AC expect you to foot part of the cost). If you are however required to pay something to resolve the problem, please let me know and would be more than happy to contribute to that additional cost.

Paul

About another group buy that was closed yesterday

We ran another buying group, in another forum as you know, this other group buy is now closed and pcboards will be ordered and distributed ... note that there were dropouts, people who put their names and not remitted payment .. .. as a consequence that we now have 5 sets left and available ... and these can be ordered directly by contacting Patrick Roovers (Dx Corporation - Europe - distribution).

We will provide to the ones could not be contemplated in this forum, since there are quantity limits and it seems that there are no more units available here ... therefore, one who could not get here, can contact Meanman.

No substitutions will be accepted, say, people migrate to another forum group buy.... I believe that no one has this desire, since there's a commitment with Byron and if we do not honor orders we can cause some damage to Byron's finances. So, cannot give up from this groupbuy in favor of another group buy (you all know that, i am informing just in case...there are different cultures and ideas about such kind of behavior) ..... I believe that anyone would behave this way ... i want to make it clear that orders previously made to Byron will not the transfered to Meanman, unless Byron say he will be unable to provide you pcboards.

Those who remain listed with Byron, and wish to also purchase some units more (extra units) from Meanman, then will be gladly accepted with our thanks.

These pcboards were made ​​in another forum based on the layout produced by Alex mm (Dx Corporation main layout designer) ... so, boards will have almost the same features and the price is just a little bit different because Meanman is using a different manufacturer... and their price is usually a little bit different...also there are taxes from Belgium government.

So, in a short form, the message is:

- If you want more boards, or to buy boards from both foruns, then we have 10 units left....but... cannot give up related Byron and jump to that other forum group buy.

Meanman email adress is:

1964roovers@gmail.com

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Other forum group buy is closed.jpg
    Other forum group buy is closed.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Byron , i was under the impression we were waiting on a PM from you and not the other way around. :(

Buried somewhere in this long thread is a post in which I asked people to send PayPall address and shipping address so I could get things ready to ship out as soon as boards arrived.

It seems you're not the only one who hasn't seen it, so here's the link:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...uy-dx-blame-mkiii-hx-pcbs-14.html#post2661879

The last step, #5 is the most important!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.