• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

group buy for DX Blame MKIII Hx PCBs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Byron -

Is this GB still going forward???

It seems to me like there's still lots of activity in the design thread.

If it is going forward can you please post a link to forum post # containing the board layout that was actually ordered and likewise a link to the final schematic.

Thanks,

YES!

The group buy is certainly going forward. I have not been posting as often as I should have. I am having some difficulty getting the manufacturer to accept the board files (GERBERs), so the boards will probably arrive several days later than Aug 2.

I am also putting together a parts list/bill of materials, to make things easier, especially for less experienced builders.

-Byron

:(Mr. Carlos sir,,I see only 36 boards have been ordered, Here we have a forum reaching over 100,000 diy,ers and only 36 boards sold. What,s wrong with people? For the price of a couple of circuits boards they,ll be getting over 40 years of experence of your building amplifers,.And a amplifer sounding better than comercial offerings. They are getting all of this ( plus your help if needed) for what 30dollars in boards. I can,t believe people will past up such a bargin.:confused: Thanks for hearing me out Love Evette

:(Mr. Carlos sir,,I see only 36 boards have been ordered, Here we have a forum reaching over 100,000 diy,ers and only 36 boards sold. What,s wrong with people? For the price of a couple of circuits boards they,ll be getting over 40 years of experence of your building amplifers,.And a amplifer sounding better than comercial offerings. They are getting all of this ( plus your help if needed) for what 30dollars in boards. I can,t believe people will past up such a bargin.:confused: Thanks for hearing me out Love Evette

i agree with you Evette , however the bad economy is worldwide and many are not as fortunate as some of us .

thing is that these boards are only going to be available for a very limited time and at rock bottom prices to boot . once they're gone they're gone . it's not like you'll be able to click on a www and order one a month from now .

grab 'em while you can :)

cheers Woody

I do think quantity is not that bad....i had more than that in the Brazilian forum

because i am famous there.....here we have new guys....the ones knows me are not anymore active.... i am unknown by some new members.

Another important thing is that people wants to see these boards....the real thing....after group buy is closed and when people start to build and to show pictures, then a lot of guys will be interested....so, we may have second round.

I am already happy by the confidence people have....more than 80 adding two foruns is reasonable....and these group buys are still running...not closed yet.

But thank you by your words and support... i will never give up...if this one does not reach 1 million orders, then i will be trying other group buy and other amplifiers till i suceed to invade all countries with my happy amplifiers:)

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
Yesssssssss....more six units.

Thank you mate.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Happy amplifiers.jpg
    Happy amplifiers.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Gentlemen,,The cost of these boards are so cheap,,anyone could collect soda cans for 5cents apiece and buy these boards. So come on fellows dig deep in your pockets and order these boards,, P.S. I,m making these comments on my own behalf,,no one else.:p Love to all Evette

Boards will probably be delayed

I previously posted that boards were ordered and would be available for me to ship out on August 2. Since then there have been two delays. The first is that I haven't been able to get the manufacturer, Advanced Circuits in Colorado, to accept the files we send them. They claim that our files have multiple places with more than one drill hole in the exact same spot, and that their software can't handle that. I've been working with Advanced Circuits to fix this, with help from Alex, but haven't figured it out yet. If anyone out there knows why Sprint-Layout 5.0 might make GERBERs with multiple drill holes, I welcome your advice.
Simultaneously, Carlos, with the help of Alex and Meanman, and maybe others I don't know about, have been tweaking the design and the board. Nothing major, just tweaks. So, ironically, it's good that I've had such difficulty getting Advanced Circuits to accept the GERBERs, because it's giving Alex time to make un-planned improvements to the design. Alex has asked me not to send any more files to Advanced Circuits until he is done tweaking.

When we have GERBERs that Advanced Circuits can accept, I'll re-post the board layout, a schematic, and a recommended parts list/bill of materials with catalog numbers for Mouser. I'll also have a new ship date. I don't anticipate a price change.

I apologize for the delay and appreciate everyone's patience.

-Byron

very nearly ready!

We found the solution to the multiple-drill-hole problem! :rofl:

Alex sent some tweeked files today. Carlos is busy double checking everything. I'm putting together a parts list. I anticipate the files to go to the manufacturer Monday. I'll post as soon as the manufacturer has accepted them.

Thank you, again, everyone for being so patient!

-Byron

I have just received new files from Alex mm

He said he is sick... he said has fever...this explains the silence we had from him....several days asking for his help and silence.... well..he sent some files..but have not engaged in this trouble together us before..now he entered and fixed for us.

Seems it is fixed.... and i hope this time, Advance Circuits produce boards... using Alex mm files or using files Byron have prepared by himself.

I do not mind with files will be...i want to go ahead.

Nice your College Byron....nice place.

Here you have a video...last files checked...seems fine...looks fine..at least the main problem is not there anymore:

‪Seems Alex has fixed.‬‏ - YouTube

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• Sarah-Lawrence-College1.jpg
    Sarah-Lawrence-College1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.