• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

[B]PRP resistor group buy for the EUVL F5X build[/B]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
There seems to be reasonable interest in a group buy of PRP resistors for the EUVL F5X build so this GB is now launched!
The group buy will close June 25th and I need your payments in by June 30th. You may sign up in the spread sheet linked in my signature.
A set is composed of the following (51) resistors:18x 1W 220R, 12x 1/4W 33R, 6x 1/4W 1k, 4x 1/4W 1.5k, 4x 1/4W 47R and 2x 1/4W 100k for the amplifier, 4x 1/4W 1k for the regulator and 1x 10R 1/4W for the mute relay. The list does not include resistors which are sonically not critical, such as in the current limiting circuit, or SMD resistors.

All resistors are PRP 1% 50 PPM from factory, but we will match to tighter resistive tolerance. In particular we will match the 220R and 33R resistors into groups for each set, adding substantial additional value for the group buy participants.

Important: one set is for one channel of the EUVL F5X build. If you are building a balanced stereo F5X amp you will need two sets.

The price per set is 27$ (USD) and this covers the cost of the resistors, intercontinental distribution, european VAT and PayPal fees. For those of you in the Fukushima GB we will distribute the PRPs and Fukus together (whenever possible) and there should be no extra cost for distribution. For those of you not in the Fukushima GB you will have to cover additional distribution expenses. This cost will be determined by your service requirements (signed-for, insured, traceable etc.). In case of a positive balance at the end of the GB, the recovered funds will be donated to an audiophilic and/or humanitarian non-profit organization (TBD).

Please note that you will not receive the resistors one week after the GB is closed! Firstly, we may suffer a 6+ week lead-time from the factory if our purchase exceeds inventory. Secondly, the matching will take time as the matchers have day-jobs :)

Many thanks to everybody involved (EUVL, fitzfish, pchw, Horio, heinz1 and johnwmclean).

If you have any questions please post them in this thread.

Cheers,
Nic

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Dear all,
as requested my more I have now opened for payment. Other dead-lines remain the same (sign-up: June 25th, payment: June 30th).
Clicking on my signature, or here, brings you to the sign-up spread sheet where you will find my PayPal address.
Remember to indicate your DIYaudio name in the transfer and post also in this thread.
Cheers,
Nic

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Deadline approaching.......

Dear all PRP'ers,
As scheduled, I will be closing the PRP resistor group buy in a few days so that we can proceed to place the order with the manufacturer. Most of you have already payed, and for the rest of you - now is the time. I will soon change the state of the spread sheet to read-only.
Anybody not in the list, but interested to join, please send me a PM and I will add you to the list (pending payment). The final sign-up/payment deadline remains June 30th.
Cheers,
Nic

P.S. Please check the spread sheet (linked to my signature) and verify that I have not missed any of you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.