• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

Joined 2006
Paid Member
FYI:
I am waiting to hear more from the shipping labeling companies for alternative solutions they intend on using. For now, everything international need to be a first class package.
They start at 15.00, and climbs up from there.

Overview of changes:
Starting January 21, 2018, First-Class Mail International Service for Flats containing merchandise will no longer be available directly from the USPS. This means that no merchandise (goods) can be mailed using the First-Class Mail International service.

Hello there, I still have a PCB in my basement, but didn't made the move until now.
I'm still missing the BOM list to buy in addition to what were given with the PCB, knowing that what i want to power with is a Raspberry Pi 3 with Kali reclocker & Piano DAC. So Could anyone help me in what is missing and that i have to buy?
thanks in advance

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hello there, I still have a PCB in my basement, but didn't made the move until now.
I'm still missing the BOM list to buy in addition to what were given with the PCB, knowing that what i want to power with is a Raspberry Pi 3 with Kali reclocker & Piano DAC. So Could anyone help me in what is missing and that i have to buy?
thanks in advance

Hello, better don't power an RPi 3 with this type of regulator. It has a current limit to set and its shunt. Computers change their power draw all the time. From short high bursts to idling and back again. Together they will bring high standby dissipation and difficulty to properly set.

For such applications see the: L-Adapter

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
"The processor is powered by a 5-volt/2000mA wall-wart power adapter" so yeah, probably the same thing. It could be idling on a steady scene and peaking on an action scene I guess. Unless you can find or measure actual info on its pattern of consumption.

You may use the BiB 1.1 for other applications like the +/- rails for a DAC's analogue output section, lower current & steadier +5V digital feeds etc. There is some documentation back in post #1 here. More, there: SSLV1.1 builds & fairy tales

Reviving this thread as I did not find info about this.. I would like/need to use a SSLV1.1 with min 7VDC output from a spare 6,3VAC trafo secondary.
I was thinking I may try to use this with a voltage doubler (two diodes and two caps) in place of the 4 diodes for the bridge obtaining at least (?) raw 12VDC at main cap.. crazy idea? firing up the soldering iron..

Looks like it is working!
I used two diodes (in place of 4 diodes in the bom) and a pair of 1000uF caps I happened to have laying around and it appears to be working well and stable.
7,3VAC input, 14,3VDC on the main psu C105 cap, 6,8ohm R101 resistor for 400mA CCS current heatsinked to the case bottom. The output is set at 7,5VDC for less than 150mA.
I think the Q101 temp at 60°C is a little bit too hot, I am using 4 diodes in d102.3.4.. position, would temp on Q101 go down with only 3 diodes?