• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Okay, Group Buy is now open again for BiB boards. (and more DCB1's too).

Group Buy ends June 17th 2012. You must pay by then to assure you get parts.
They generally run out quick, and I don't stock many extras.

The Paypal address (please don't post here) is on the spreadsheet cell I1. Prices have been added (and are the same)
PLEASE MAKE SURE:
1 - You add Diyaudioname to the Paypal Notes
2 - You list all all of the parts you need, including shipping to Paypal Notes.

Failure to do so, I now just refund the the payment to get your attention.

Let me know if there are any questions.

I'm about to order parts for my regulators, and i don't really understand how to calculate the R101/201/301. I understand that after your calculated current draw you should find a voltage from the ID/VGS curve under the text in the guide. But then i don't exactly understand how to calculate the rest with the leds and such...

By the way - i'll pay for my order very soon!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I'm about to order parts for my regulators, and i don't really understand how to calculate the R101/201/301. I understand that after your calculated current draw you should find a voltage from the ID/VGS curve under the text in the guide. But then i don't exactly understand how to calculate the rest with the leds and such...

By the way - i'll pay for my order very soon!

Did you look at the calculator in post #1?
Worked for me on the last one I built.

I have two circuits one that i will run with a 15v transformer 350mA circuit (450mA CCS), since i will need 5v vdrop i probably can run 13v output at max. Then the second circuit i had calculated wrong, that one will run 5v 550mA (650mA CCS). Should i use 4-leds for both of them?

shipping costs

Dear Tea-Bag,

I did register:
4 BIB pcbs, 76 USD
6 IRF+ Minikits, 60 USD
3 IRF- Minikits, 30 USD
2 BJT+ Minikits, 20 USD
1 BJT- Minikit. 10 USD

shipping to Romania (EU) 8 USD (for 4 BIB boards ), total amount:
204 USD,
in my opinion.
I would wish to pay today, but not before receiving your green light, please.

Warm regards,
Ion