• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

+3

I cannot be said enough and we cannot appreciate enough the endless hours that Salas is spending to anwser equally endless questions... when does he find time to actually listen to some music? Or devellop some new audio toy for the ever hungry Diyaudio community? ;)

Same big thanks goes to Teabag who volunteered in the Group Buy and now spends all his evenings packing things up and shipping them. :up::up:

Round 3 of this Group Buy will be open for some more weeks or even months until a reasonable number of pcb's are reached... Teabag will then provide all the details.
When you can't wait until the Group Buy is closed... i still have two positive regs left over (each board has two pos and one neg regulator part that are separated
by "break lines"). Maybe you can talk me out of them ;)

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Round 3 of this Group Buy will be open for some more weeks or even months until a reasonable number of pcb's are reached... Teabag will then provide all the details.
When you can't wait until the Group Buy is closed... i still have two positive regs left over (each board has two pos and one neg regulator part that are separated
by "break lines"). Maybe you can talk me out of them ;)

I'm interested.

Hey Everyone,
Looks like there is some great support out there for this supply, Salas and Teabag wow what a service you are providing it must take hours to sort all of this out, I'm in awe.

I have added myself into the GB a nice supply for a nice new DAC, can't wait.

Once again guys thanks a heap for the work you are all doing.

Archie

I can't seem to find what the 1R resistors are for?

Also, is there a build thread for the BIB board? I see the main salas one, but it's hard to wade through 450 pages to find information and I don't fully understand the build guide PDF, particularly the sections regarding setting voltage/current/CCS.

If not I'll probably start one and try to get all the information in one place.

Nevermind I just didn't look at the build guide carefully enough. the 1R resistor goes to r104. I'm putting together a spreadsheet for BOM at the moment along with some notes to get things started.

I can't seem to find what the 1R resistors are for?

Also, is there a build thread for the BIB board? I see the main salas one, but it's hard to wade through 450 pages to find information and I don't fully understand the build guide PDF, particularly the sections regarding setting voltage/current/CCS.

If not I'll probably start one and try to get all the information in one place.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I just signed up, 6 PCBs, ship Hong Kong, I have to pay now? And how much for shipping?

No paying now. Once we get to over 100 boards requested, I can order more.
Shipping will be between 10-15 dollars is a guess.

I am probably going to change shipping rates, as it favors overseas people at the expense of the american crew, and is often too little margin for me to feel comfortable with.

Using priority mail for everyone in a seperate DCB1 kit GB, everyone got good shipping performance, although the cost was somewhat higher internationally.