• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Just bump into this. Very interested in a few board, I run through quickly all 48 pages but I got 1 thing that I am not sure. In the Google doc, there is a "hypnotize blue edition $15 each", may I know what is it?

The DCB1 blue edition is a Direct Coupled version of the Pass B1 buffer (zero gain pre) with a Salas designed shunt power supply included.

Here is my blog on it, although much else has been mentioned about it as well, and a few related threads.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/tea-bag/296-salas-dcb1-blue-edition.html

Hope this helps.

I don't know it's the right time and place to suggest some changes in layout , but it would be nice , if place for C101-C201-C301 would be disigned for 16 mm diameter caps
( which is standard dia for high quality low ESR high voltage caps)
In case zener diode is used as V ref good fltration is a must

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You would need up to 50V polarized electrolytic if maxing the BiB out to 45V, and it can be moderate capacity if you will put the recommended 220R in series to the Zener. Filters it much better if with that resistor. I see 220,270,330,470uF PanaFC 10mm 50V in their data sheet. Too much capacitance can kick back energy to the CCS Vref fet and kill it sometimes, especially when set over 25V. 16mm will make it wider PCB and will spread the layout, when there are parts to use as it is.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Current unpaid list. Please pay up before end of day 9/12/11

cambe
rdk845
kokonut
Pinnochio
ncc
richluvsound
junie
FRITZ
UMarcus
mad_z
sikkis
dw1narso
suburra
Strosek
Yomanze
ken.berg
tubenstein
kokonut
merlin el mago
cerfer
jackinnj
PET-240
John Luckins
kevinq
necplusultra
Backbones
hags
ikarus
apoopoo999
Cjcc67
F1 fan
ben-jam-in
savvas
tmavr
CeeVee
dodo
Toast
sq225917
ladalong
dubai2000

Current unpaid list. Please pay up before end of day 9/12/11

cambe
rdk845
kokonut
Pinnochio
ncc
richluvsound
junie
FRITZ
UMarcus
mad_z
sikkis
dw1narso
suburra
Strosek
Yomanze
ken.berg
tubenstein
kokonut
merlin el mago
cerfer
jackinnj
PET-240
John Luckins
kevinq
necplusultra
Backbones
hags
ikarus
apoopoo999
Cjcc67
F1 fan
ben-jam-in
savvas
tmavr
CeeVee
dodo
Toast
sq225917
ladalong
dubai2000

Hi TeaBag,

I sent you payment by Paypal on the 6th.

The amount was 100$

I'll PM you with the Paypal transaction ID

Thanks
Do