• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The ''FINE'' manual also says not to sweat much over IDSS because it will work anyway. You can get not so bright LEDS and lower Rset to reach target CCS if a low IDSS JFET happens feeding them, a not following Vo examples Vref, or a hotter BC550/560 in high Vo situations. Its good to have it balanced but if you had soldered them in, give it a go first. The GR JFETs don't spread more than 3mA apart if you get a bit lucky.

Joined 2001
Paid Member
I've got my regs together now. Anxious to fire this thing up. Looks ready for business with the OnSemi MSRF's, Panasonic 10,000uF caps, 10uF KEMET MMK's everywhere, Vishay 5W wirewounds, black Molex terminal blocks....etc. Just need to get my DAC chassis plate re-drilled. I'll sink the fet's to the floor, as the chassis plate is very thick aluminum.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I've got my regs together now. Anxious to fire this thing up. Looks ready for business with the OnSemi MSRF's, Panasonic 10,000uF caps, 10uF KEMET MMK's everywhere, Vishay 5W wirewounds, black Molex terminal blocks....etc. Just need to get my DAC chassis plate re-drilled. I'll sink the fet's to the floor, as the chassis plate is very thick aluminum.

Lots of people are building PS for their Buffalo DACs.