• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

Like this? :D

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 570
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Here is the buy list I got. I have not confirmed all payments yet. Wading through it.

Syklab
alazira
hallcon83
Gricko
aud1out
zenesh
subbu
RKH
Basillus
bio33
JVH
Regland
evanc
albertob
F1 fan
tassosk
madqwerty
Chalkandtalk
royalbee
aspringv
jameshillj
Ed LaFontaine
stixx
vgeorge
Arkudos
max426
DaveM
orpheus
h-wan
nacder
kerux
manamanam
samoloko
stelakis1
savvas
bozakdla
dBudBu
oneoclock
dodo
linhoffan
difool
greyrab
AciDbRaiN
Taxidriver
Yomanze
parodielin
Infinitegain
Lucas Adamson
bobg
jeepy
wirewiggler
Murdoc
Wushuliu
col_s
evlah
Rush
Lutto
barrows
ernesternest
necplusultra
cerfer
Franz Gysi
ivigueras
fcaton
tonywong
number9
StevieK
b9504008
merlin el mago
GaryB
gjfim
Luke
bozakdik
PlanoDano
taisho_daniel
JBdV
BDL
narla
claudio
qusp
ihear21khz
vegges
valeriano
Michi124
kstlfido
praudio
acliao
music2DIY4
Ichiban
vladco
maartentje
prooptiki
sandbasser
Sir.Byrd
Mravinsky
sonidos
Ferrari
Billc
NicMac
heinz1
siddv
korben69
ramallo
lemon
cersepn
Malka07
j45yip
ccliu
palmito
william2001
CeeVee
leejh
cedricb
Cambe
wktk_smile
dubai2000
bOBG

Nobody else getting these until the first lot is all sorted. This may take quite a while.
Packing ~500 mini kits is daunting.

That's one heck of a list TeaBag.

Salas, IRF9620(PBF) is a lot cheaper that IRF9610. I seem to remember that in a previous version, or the Pass F5 is was considered that they are interchangeable. Is that so in this case also?

Thanks.

Oh, nice to see a photo of you too - deep in thought. It must be either the pursuit of shunt reg perfection :hug: or the state of the Greek economy :rolleyes:

Joined 2006
Paid Member
From Salas BiB guide.

Specs
Three 128x42x1.6mm LWH double layer plated through holes 2 OZ copper boards. 2 positive and 1
negative polarity sections arranged as one 128x126x1.6mm entity with grooved lines between them.
Can break apart easily in sections to be used/placed individually or not.
Color: Immersion gold pads on both sides, white graphics & letters, black shiny epoxy boards.
ACV input range: 6.3-36V
DCV output range: 5-45V with Mosfet, 2.5-45V with BJT output
Current draw: 100mA minimum
Output arrangement: 4 wire remote sensing
Voltage drop across regulator: Get a transformer that for DC gives you at least 5V extra from your
target voltage. 7-10V is better against mains fluctuations, transformer regulation with high current etc.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Are the boards being made in the US or Asia...or somewhere else????

When(ish) can we expect to receive boards in Europe, Tea?

Not hassling, you understand...promise! Just excited.

The boards are made in the Peoples Republic of China.
I've been very happy with the service I receive from the board manufacturer.
People seem to like the quality to.
Boards in the USA range from okay pricing to scary pricing (like 450.00) per board.
So I would guess between 1-2 weeks in several parts of Europe. Up to a month in general worldwide. After that, contact me and we can track down what happened if possible.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi

Is the GB subscription closed or not? If not I'd like to order one set of Salas PCB-s.

brgrds,

Paul

Paul, it is closed for now, until the majority of boards are received to their end points, and then I will sell several more. Unlike previous group buys, were let's say I had an extra 2-3 weeks of stock left ordered maybe an extra 20 percent. This time we ordered close to only an extra 5 percent.

I will put you down on the wait list if you don't mind.

Add me to the list with two extra boards.

Paul, it is closed for now, until the majority of boards are received to their end points, and then I will sell several more. Unlike previous group buys, were let's say I had an extra 2-3 weeks of stock left ordered maybe an extra 20 percent. This time we ordered close to only an extra 5 percent.

I will put you down on the wait list if you don't mind.