• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

can Salas 1.1bib can it be used till 100V at input? and 99V at the output if so which parts to be changed? quiescent current consumption is 50ma and expected output current from the salas shunt reg is 100ma but would like to use it upto 100V is it possible? the excel sheet shows the numbers but does it work in reality?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello Tea Bag,
Do you have available now?:
Qty 1 - BIB LV Shunt Supply, 2+ 1- PC board
Qty 2 - IRF + MINIKIT
Qty 1 - IRF - MINIKIT

If not, about when will the next group buy for these happen?
Thanks,
Richard
(Heathkit)

I do not.
Not certain when the next GB will happen hopefully shortly after the new year starts. The more that sign up, the quicker it will happen.

:)

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi have any one measured noise in uV in salas 1.1 bib. Im wondernig how many it will be on 5V and 12v output. The diyinh low noise regulator has 0.8uV.

That's an integrated noise figure over a given bandwidth I suppose. Without the bandwidth span and boundaries stated it does not tell the whole story.
Linear Audio Magazine Vol 4 had measurements on several designs for output noise etc. including the 1.1. It was down at the bottom of the noise curves bunch along with the Teddy capacitance multiplier filtered reg. That bib build was using moderate 220uF C101 voltage reference filtering, it can even use 1000uF for example. Those charts were down to nV scale.

In any case when a PSU is not integrated in a system and the results not tested as a whole we never know the interference level before hand. Can get lots of harmonic noise, EMI, etc.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
The GB for the Salas board is open for payment up until 11:59PM EST 1/24/2016.

Payment is via PayPal invoice only. You will need to send me your paypal email via private message for me to start this process. Then I will invoice the parts you requested from the spreadsheet. If you reply to this email - cut out some of the existing text, otherwise the message is too big.;)

Customs forms
DO NOT ask for me to fudge up a customs form with really low amount. These are based on areasonable wholesale price.

Shipping

In general boards are a set costs, and mini kits are built into the shipping costs and larger full kits are 10.00-12 to ship. Starting price for shipping is 8.00 for just a small board and can rise from there.

The boards will ship around 2-3 weeks after the GB closes typically. The boards need to be ordered, I don't have them on hand.

BIB

The BIB is a low voltage regulator. It includes 2 positive and 1 negative regulator per board. These have been upgraded to 2mm thickness from 1.6mm. Board production costs have risen , cost is 25.00 per board.

The builders guide is available here in the first post, as well as a current and voltage setting calculator to get the other parts.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/grou...-salas-sslv1-1-bib-shunt-reg.html#post2571174

The minikits for the BiB are available for 12.50 each. They dont include all parts to complete a section of the board.
More details on the Minikits are in the Minikit link below.

Here is a picture of the board. Each one includes two positive and one negative rail board. They are scored and can be broken apart

Here is a picture of a mini kit

MiniKit BOM section. This links goes to full details of all the parts included in the kits and there respective positions on the board.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/blogs/tea-bag/741-salas-board-minikits-full-kits.html

Last edited: