• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

Is there a google document link or something for adding your name and quantity of PCB's or post here ?
kannan
PS - this is a good idea as many would like to have a shunt Regulator - only thing missing is possibility of fuse block on the pcb itself as well as multiple PS Caps incase you want to reduce the ESR of caps

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
In this one it goes the other way, i.e. down. It can take Zener (almost no drift) also. In the 15V one with 5K trimmer and only 220R extra resistor plus 2 leds in the page #5 scope pics, it gave me 0.15V minus drift. It gives you a lot of Vref configuration scenarios, read the guide from link in post #1.

yeah i dunno, i'm pretty easy, i wouldnt want to bother with large caps, as i have a crapload of such things, as with power resistors, but i'm interested in the semis, so if people end up being happy without the caps and larger items so i could fit all for 2 or 3 pcbs in one small box i would be keen.

i regularly get orders in from mouser and dk, plus audiocap, so i'm sorted for everything easily available there, but the 2sk117 i dont think i have easy access to, would have to check. not sure about the on semi stuff, as its not familiar to me i'm not sure they have it at mouser? i use mouser most often as for 200 dollar orders shipping is free and fast

I suggest

mini kits, including: PCB, Transistors/FETS, but leaving out Rs, Caps, Diodes, LEDs, as these parts should be easy for everyone to obtain, and people may want to use their favorites. (Example, I like ON MSRF soft diodes).
Cannot use the sign up sheet on my computer, but will try on a different one later-I want at least one PCB set/mini kit.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
mini kits, including: PCB, Transistors/FETS, but leaving out Rs, Caps, Diodes, LEDs, as these parts should be easy for everyone to obtain, and people may want to use their favorites. (Example, I like ON MSRF soft diodes).
Cannot use the sign up sheet on my computer, but will try on a different one later-I want at least one PCB set/mini kit.

I think the small 1R resistors are hard to find. They don't cost too much, Around 30 cents or so per rail set. I don't mind dropping the gate resistors, but those two are inexpensive MF one's, and will not add significant weight to shipping. The TO-220 devices will.

Dropping the diodes is a good idea. That could save .75-$1.00usd from the package.
I may offer the 2SK117's separately altogether, and likely in packages of 12-15, so one get's some variation in the IDSS. More on this later. I have to get a bunch in and test the variation. If I have to match them to be optimal, it will take a ton of time. Having extra's is good in case you blow something up.

So there is at least a couple of votes for small kits..
Less parts for me the better, Less work, quicker shipping, happier builders.

Hi, was playing with the scope just now trying to track noise once more. To no avail with my scope. Its best is 5mV/diV. So I set it there and to 10us. From GD to AC it just seems brighter, not thicker when the reg is on, and the rascal gets a wee bit thicker only if I power the reg off. And that is with smallest 4u7 on output. I asked my bro for visual opinion, he took the mickey, so I quit.:D

Well done, Salas! These are marvelous final results.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I have added some columns into the spreadsheet for MiniKits, although price is not finalized, and I have not added it.
There are still some guesswork to be done on making sure that the 2sk117's provided are workable. Likely youll need to have 5-6 each per rail to make sure that one gets enough of a batch for good idss distribution. The kits will be priced according to parts costs, plus small handling and shipping cost addition to normal boards will be included in the 'per rail' price.

The kits will include all transistors, no diodes, no caps, and some resistors, as discussed previously. LED's are still on the table, awaiting feedback if people want them or not.

Also, the GB is going to be ended on June 13th, this allows us to get a quicker move on this, and hopefully the boards won't come to my doorstep while I am on vacation for a few days in early July.