• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

GB Thread for Salas SSLV1.1 BiB shunt reg

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi, was playing with the scope just now trying to track noise once more. To no avail with my scope. Its best is 5mV/diV. So I set it there and to 10us. From GD to AC it just seems brighter, not thicker when the reg is on, and the rascal gets a wee bit thicker only if I power the reg off. And that is with smallest 4u7 on output. I asked my bro for visual opinion, he took the mickey, so I quit.:D

Attachments

• DSCF2650.JPG
    DSCF2650.JPG
    400.4 KB · Views: 2,176
  • DSCF2651.JPG
    DSCF2651.JPG
    384.3 KB · Views: 1,303
  • DSCF2654.JPG
    DSCF2654.JPG
    462.2 KB · Views: 1,289
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
:eek: Not cheap at all! It cost more than PP.

There are Siemens, Vishay, Wima MKS4, and BC Component orange ones in Europe. All will work nicely. I was able to get everything needed from local shop for the BiB, apart from the K117GR naturally. The RIFA are good and biggest value in 22.5mm for anyone wanting them so they had to be referred to also. Mouser is rather expensive many times I have seen. Has to be the premium for stocking that massive gamut maybe.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Salas

this Is better than DCB1 used as a regulator ?
what are main key features between two pcbs

This is a general regulator, easily configurable, has different open loop gain and damping characteristics. Faster. The DCB1 on board regulator is mainly ''voiced'' and configured for DCB1. Has no remote sensing or features for easy different voltage targets and uses TO-247s.