• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TO-3 SYMASYM

@Manuel and Joshvi: I will order the pairs of MKT1822 / MKP1837.
Please: do your PAYAL - transfer to: RRozek@t-online.de

So we are at 8 pairs (4 pairs for Manuel, 4 pairs of Joshvi) of capacitors currently.
One pair costs 5€.

Anybody else? I would like and order more than 10 of each.
I will wait until tommorow night - than I will order the capacitors.

I will build a test-rig for matching the 2SK170 tomorrow.
I have a couple of these transistors at hand right now.
If matching succeeds, I will offer you matched pairs of 2SK170 as well.

Best regards - Rudi

Gentlemen,

the value of resistors R29, R30 and R36 depend on whether you use a Pre-Amplifier or not.
(Carl: maybe it is nice to include a dual potentiometer as attenuator in the BoM - it is of course optional.)

Resistors R36 and R7 define the "total amplification" of the SYMASYM.
If you use a pre-amplifier, it is wise to reduce this amplification.

Please have a look at the attached images and take your choice.

Best regards - Rudi

P.S. "0 Ohm" means: solder a wire.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 530
  • Image2.png
    Image2.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 513
OK,

I have created a new BOM using 1% metal film resistors and fixed a couple counts that were wrong.

This BOM is complete HOWEVER the 10uF input cap is just text so if you try to import the BOM directly to Mouser it will not come across...I figured folks may want to try different things for the input CAP.

If nothing else this should help other folks that want a complete BOM for an amp board.

I also have a BOM completed for a speaker protection board...I can share that too.

Attachments

• symasymBOM.pdf
    25.2 KB · Views: 197
OK,

I have created a new BOM using 1% metal film resistors and fixed a couple counts that were wrong.

Thanks, i double checked with another list from a german forum - errors in both lists :D but combined it was very helpful

if you want to correct your list:
R1 is wrong, 220 is correct , not 22.000
R94 is named wrong, correct is R84
Quantity of C2 and C13 is 2, not 3 ;)

Patrick

Carl, which value did you order for the input DC-blocking capacitor C1?

The schematics in the "Builder'S Manual" that I sent you, shows C1 with a value of 10µF.
As I have been told, the highpass consisting of C1 and R3 + R4, results in a 240ms time constant. That gives a F-3dB = 0.66Hz.
I have never tested, if the SYMASYM can handle frequencies as low as these.

A 3.3µF, even a 2.7µF DC-blocking capacitor will do it as well.
The PCB accomodates for capacitor grid-sizes from 5 - 27.5mm.

Best regards - Rudi

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 534
  • Image2.png
    Image2.png
    26.4 KB · Views: 526