• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TO-3 SYMASYM

Gentlemen, it's PAYPAL time ...

Gentlemen, TO-3 SYMASYM friends,

I invited an offer for the PCBs from the etching company and consolidated your orders.

Here we are:

http://www.abload.de/img/paypal_time0oli.png

I will offer you:

1. the TO-3 SYMASYM PCB for 8€
  2. the PSU PCB for 4€
  3. the LS-Prot PCB for 4€
  4. the Soft-Power-On PCB for 8€

I am sorry that I cannot offer you the Soft-Power-On PCB for a lower price, but this PCB has to be "tooled" , since it is
a "new" PCB and the order-quantity is rather small.

The prices for shipping are well-known.

Shipping within Germany is: 55 Cent for a standard letter, 1.45€ for a big letter and 2.20€ for a MAXI-letter.
Shipping to outside of Germany is 3.45€ .

The price for the coated letter itself is 40 Cent.

I do not yet know how to transfer the PCBs to those of you who ordered for more than 100€.
As an insured MAXI-Letter ("Einschreiben"), as a parcel? Tell me, how I shall do it.
I told you that a parcel (worth > 200€) got lost in the German group-buy last month, and I wonder if German Bundespost will pay the price.

I would like very much that the 4 of you who ordered for more than 100€ ask me for my bank account (via PM).
You know: PAYPAL will request 4% of the transferred money for themselves.

The others can transfer the money to my PAYPAL - ID: RRozek@t-online.de

When you transfer the money (either via PAYPAL or to my bank-account):

Please leave your Forum's nickname and your EMail- and Home-address in the transfer - data field, so I know, from whom I received the money,
where to send your order and where to send the "TO-3 SYMASYM Builder's Manual" (written in GERMAN) and other useful information.

Do you have any questions?
Did I make an error concerning your order? Please tell me if I did.

I am looking forward to your money - transfer.
It is PAYPAL - time now, gentlemen.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

Hi Rudi
paypal_time0oli.png

You made one mistake, which is an insult to me....I'm from MACEDONIA I'm NOT from greece ...that is totaly diferent. Pleace corect that.

tomas

Gentlemen,

thanks to those of you who have already payed via PAYPAL (marked "green").

http://www.abload.de/img/image1kre4.png

This is the status of my own build (remember: I am using the PCB Version 1 that requires an extra heatsink for the drivers):

http://www.abload.de/img/joe005npol.jpg

Both channels are adjusted and work.

I adjusted the quiescent current / bias, so that 13 mV drops over a 0R22 emitter resistor, resulting in about 60 mA flowing through a TO-3 transistor.
The value of the trim-potentiometer R17 is 150 Ohm in my build; I use a 45 Ohm resistor R23 to couple the drivers.

There is still a lot to do: I have to solder the second LS Protect PCB, the Soft-Power-On (allthough not needed), the source-selector, volume attenuator, display, ...

@ German TO-3 SYMASYM DIYers:

LEATHERFACE just informed me that an "insured letter" ("eingeschriebener MAXI-Brief") is insured up to a value of 25€ only!
This is a NOGO!

I will therefore send the PCBs to all of you who want as a package ("Paket"). A package is insured up to a value of 500€!

The price for the shipment as a package is 4.90€ (4.10€ shipping cost + 80 Cent for the package itself).

I will inform SASCHA, who will do the shipping, about this decision.

Hi,

just found this great thread, do I have the chance to get in? I know I'm late, but perhaps I'm lucky.
I would like to order 'a stereo set' (two of every PCB) for 48€ + shipping.

But something I have to say: Great work! Very, very nice layout!

Greetings from Hamburg,
George

Hi Rudi,

I understand why you want to wait a couple of days before you issue the P.O.
Money transfer will usually take at least one day, maybe more because of bank-arrangements.
I paid through PqayPal 4 hours ago, and the payment will not show on your account before tomorrow.

Thanks for your efforts.

Steen

Gentlemen,

this is the current status of payments received:

http://www.abload.de/img/status_14_09frdb.png

I will now write an EMail to all of those who forgot to pay and will set the deadline for payment to Sunday, 18th of September.
I will order the PCBs on Monday, 19th, then.

In the meantime I will add the explanation, schematics and BoM of the "Soft-Power-On" - PCB to the "TO-3 SYMASYM Builder's Manual".

I will send you the manual on the weekend.

Hi all!:wave:
Good people want to help me about this amplifier circuit description symasym 5_3.
Amplifier works perfectly but the principle of operation is not clear to me! :confused::(:headbash:
So if you are able to give some description, ...
A big thank you in advance!

Last edited: