• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TO-3 SYMASYM

Gentlemen, @ Potepuh:

one of my German DIY-friends returned his NJW-SYMASYM - order (incl. very well matched NJW0281 / NJW0302 transistors) to me, telling me that he will not be able
to do this project in the near future and asked me to offer it to you.

So: I will offer you:

- 4 - NJW-SYMASYM - PCBs (1 PCB costs 8€)
- 4 sets of transistors per PCB (1 set, consisting of 4 matched transistors, costs 12€)
- 1 PSU (costs 8€)

I will offer you the parts listed above for 93€ (incl. worldwide shipping).

I will send to the one who buys all of the needed information (Builder's Manual, BoM, drill-template, ...) to build this absolutely high-end sounding, very compact building (142 x 80mm) SYMASYM.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S.: @Potepuh: I will send you a PM concerning this offer.

Attachments

• Case 014.jpg
    Case 014.jpg
    336.9 KB · Views: 631
  • R-SYM 005.jpg
    R-SYM 005.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 617
Gentlemen: I have DIYed a lot of amplifiers so far and every time, when I started a new one, I have asked myself: "Into which case shall I put the amplifier?"

I do not like (disgust) the MODUSHOP cases, nor do I like the Chinese cases (allthough they sell very cheap - Image 1 below).

Therefore I have asked the best carpenter of the world that I know (a close DIY-friend of mine), to design a series of cases to fit a PRE - amplifier (my VCPre, for example),
and an integrated amplifier (like the SYMASYM + VCPre) as well as the more powerful FC-100 (or something comparable to it).

Find Gerhard's (the carpenter's) design-ideas below!

The side panels will be made of heatsinks, bottom and rear plates will be made of 2mm ALU, and top and front panels will be made of massive wooden panels
(f.e.: the top-plate will be made of Ebony wood and the front will reflect a red violin wood!)

This post is to simply ask for your interest into having a case like this!

Do you like it?

Attachments

• 5879_LITE_PREA28S_2.jpg
    5879_LITE_PREA28S_2.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 493
  • IMAG0110.JPG
    IMAG0110.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 441
  • IMAG0106.JPG
    IMAG0106.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
Gentlemen, I have started a thread in a German DIY-Forum (http://www.analog-forum.de/wbboard/...bau/107919-forum-s-audio-gehäuse/#post1350823), because it is much easier for me to describe this project and all of the technical details in German language.

It is planned to offer a Pre-amplifier case (with a height of 80mm) and two amplifier cases with heights of 100mm and 150mm respectively.

Gerhard will try and keep the costs at the minimum.
For example: instead of using a heatsink with dimension: 100mm long and 400mm broad (the Fischer heatsinks are extremely expensive, about 50€ per heatsink), he will take 2 heatsinks, 100mm x 190.5mm from TME.eu
and will combine them via the inner ALU-L profiles.

I will post the status, pictures, prices, ..., from time to time.
Find enclosed a preliminary picture.

Attachments

• image2.PNG
    image2.PNG
    627 KB · Views: 581
No Patrick, this is not an option. The heatsinks should be around 100mm long and about 400mm (!) broad.

I am considering to use the heatsink shown in the image below.
Its size is: 100mm long and 391mm broad. Its price: about 16€

Brian: you are right. If you are a top-notch DIYer. this heatsink needs some "post-treatment" as well.

Attachments

• Pre 001.jpg
    Pre 001.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 491
Andrew, the plate of this heatsink is 5mm thick; the weight of one heatsink is 820gr. Its thermal resistance is not specified.

This heatsink (2 of them) has been my proposal to be used as side-panels of the case of a "low power amplifier" (for example the TO3-SYMASYM, which uses 2 pairs of TO3, attached to an ALU-L profile, as output transistors).
The price of 2 heatsinks is about 16€.

The picture in post #834 is showing a Fischer SK479 heatsink, 150mm long heatsink, the bottom plate of which is 9mm thick and which has a thermal resistance of about 0.4K/W.
This one can be thought of as side-panel of a "high power amplifier".
Its price is about 50€ per piece.
The 100mm long version of this heatsink will cost about 40€.