• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TO-3 SYMASYM

post58 schematic:

I don't recognise what LSP1 & LSP2 means. Are these the mains Live and Neutral connections/feeds?

The terminals labeled 220V Back is actually the mains return lead. Usually labeled Neutral. But why does it go through the Primary of the 12Vac transformer before tapping into the Mains Neutral?

Andrew,

mains return = mains neutral in my glossary.

LSP1 and LSP2 is the EAGLE name for a solder point.
(I will change the layout to show a 2-pole PCB connector there.)

You have to connect an on-/off - switch to this connector / to these solder points.

The switch connects the small transformer on the left side to the mains hot lead.
When the switch is turned on, the mains voltage is applied to the transformer, the 7812 will generate 12 VDC, the upper relay K1 is closed
and current will flow through K1 and the thermistors, being delimited by the value of the thermistors.
When the LM555 timer triggers and closes K2, the mains current will flow "unhindered".

So this circuit delimits the inrush current for a short period of time (determined by R1/C1).

I hope this explanation was helpful.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

TO-3 SYMASYM is closed now

Dear TO-3 SYMASYM friends,

I will close this group-buy now.
I do not accept further orders anymore.

I will now collect the existing orders, request for a price-quote from the etching company and will publish the resulting order list
with prices and money transfer information this evening / tomorrow.

Many thanks for your interest so far.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos