• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TO-3 SYMASYM

planned system layout

Wow these guys from Mouser are fast, ordered on 30-04-2013 18:00 CET, parts did arrive on 02-05-2013, that is form USA to Germany within 2 working Day's.

Attached a picture of the planned system layout, the heat sinks are not the final ones, just for size(hight) reference, the heat sinks in the picture are 100 x 100 x 40 the final ones will be 160 x 100 x 40 mm.

The components on the PCB's are only inserted, also for reference.

Attachments

• symasym_TO-3_system_layout-2.jpg
    symasym_TO-3_system_layout-2.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 601
Heatsinks

Thanks for both comments on the planned system layout.

I have attached screenshots of the Reichelt and TME specifications, in my humble opinion the specs do not differ too much.

As written in the text, I do plan larger heatsinks, planned was Reichelt part# "V 6506K", but that does not match the height of the system with the transformers in vertical position.

So I now plan to order:
DEF35

With a length of 160 mm making them 160 x 160 x 40 mm, (that should be more then sufficient)

Attachments

• TME_heatsink.png
    TME_heatsink.png
    106.2 KB · Views: 514
  • Reichelt_heatsink.png
    Reichelt_heatsink.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 453
PSU: Let there be light.

Build of PSU and LS-Protect boards finished successful today (LS-Protect not shown).

It was a nice sunny day, so the LED lighting is hard to see on the attached image.

The transformers are 2x25V 225VA, so the voltage on the DMM is a bit high, but OK (Theory 25V x 1,4142 = 35,36V)

Attachments

• symasym_TO3_PSU_poweredup.jpg
    symasym_TO3_PSU_poweredup.jpg
    949.5 KB · Views: 644
3/4 done

Silly me I ordered the wrong L profiles 40 x 40 x 4 x 140 ( the only thing right is the 140 ;) ), I did order the right ones today 50 x 50 x 5 x 140, it is a public holiday today, so I hope they get cut and send tomorrow so I can continue on Saturday.

The 1st picture attached shows the boards, and the "BIEGELEHRE", G translate translates it as "Bending tool for bending of components", Rudi thanks for putting it on the BOM, this little thing saves lots of time.

Attachments

• symasym-TO3_endstufen_partialbuild_1.jpg
    symasym-TO3_endstufen_partialbuild_1.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_20130509_181918.jpg
    IMG_20130509_181918.jpg
    679.7 KB · Views: 513
Watchtmouse: this looks good.
Please take care that that none of any transistors (none of their pins) that are mounted on the ALU-L has a contact (resistance) to the ALU-L.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S. @EVETTE: I do not have any PCBs left. But I will send you the Gerber files. Maybe you find an etching company in Canada that will etch some PCBs for you.