• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TO-3 SYMASYM

Rudi, my current project is: I have sent a dozen of my "Lightspeed Attenuator" - PCBs along with the needed components to German DIYers last week, and I am now waiting for their feedback.

This PCB does not only include George Stantscheff's "Lightspeed Attenuator", it includes source selection, mute and standby function,
temperature sensors, volume display, ..., everything being displayed on a 16x2 chars LCD-display and - of course: every function can be
controlled/accessed by a remote infrared control unit.
The heart of the PCB is a PIC µProcessor.

Give me your EMail address (per PM) please - and I will tell you more.

Best regards - Rudi_Ratlos

P.S. I have mixed up the current dates.
I will close this round-of-groupbuy the day after tomorrow, on Saturday 7th.

Last edited:
This is the final order list.
I will order the PCBs tonight.

Attachments

• Image4.png
    Image4.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 596
  • Image5.png
    Image5.png
    60.5 KB · Views: 607
Gentlemen, I have been told that the TO3-SYMASYM - PCBs will be etched on April, 23rd. I will then have them on April 27th
and will send them to you ASAP.

This is where I stored the BoM of one SYMASYM - PCB:
Warenkorb übernehmen - Elektronik und Technik bei reichelt elektronik günstig bestellen
You can choose the English language as well.

The BoM does not include:
- 4 emitter resistors 0R22, 5W, grid-size: about 9.5mm
- the TO3 - transistors MJ21195G / MJ21196G (2 pairs of each are needed per PCB)
- the DC blocking capacitor C1, recommended value: 10µF, max. grid-size: 27.5mm
- the input pair of transistors (f.e. 2SK170, MPSA18, 2N5551, ...)

The TO3-SYMASYM PCBs have arrived in Germany but are delayed by the German tax authorities.
The reason why: the Chinese etching company has forgotten (?) to include the bill.

Have some patience please; I try and settle this issue ASAP.

P.S.: An issue like this makes a future group-buy "complicated", since it may eventually mess up all of my price-calculations.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 602
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The TO3-SYMASYM PCBs have arrived in Germany but are delayed by the German tax authorities.
The reason why: the Chinese etching company has forgotten (?) to include the bill.

Have some patience please; I try and settle this issue ASAP.

P.S.: An issue like this makes a future group-buy "complicated", since it may eventually mess up all of my price-calculations.

Hi Rudi,

No problem, if there is something more to pay for the unexpected taxes, I will pay you. Say it ! I have had this sad experience recently with a buy that I did in China that was with free delivery : here in Belgium, they did tax (heavily :eek:) the item and the free delivery when it arrived ...

Thank you for what you are doing !

Best regards

rephil

AdeS: find attached the schematics underlying the PCB.
Joe: thank you for your kind words. I have settled the issue with the help of the Chinese etching company.
Thanks to them my price-calculations are still on the right side.

Attachments

• TO_3_Symasym_V3.sch.pdf
    43.6 KB · Views: 296