• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Potential Other Group Buys related to EUVLs F5X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The postage will be less if we can send multiple sets to the local distributor.
The mechanical parts themselves are in the order of 1100 HKD.
Unfortunately the U-channel between 2 heat sinks has to be machined from solid.
Just 2 pieces of those costs us more than 400HKD !!!!!
I also wish I had a better solution ......

Patrick
I will speak out on behavior of myself :) Most of the US F5X buyers knew about it (they got an email from me in Dec).

The cash strapped California government sent me a official letter to pay "use tax, close to 9%'" in the tax return for the heatsinks and the chassis that were shipped to me. It was a nightmare to me to document only one set was for me, and I only owe USD $50 instead of $550 to California. At this point, I don't know my justification will work or not. I will know in the next 5 years!!

In short, I can only be the US distributor if the US buyer agrees to pay the California use tax even though they are not California resident. So, that's the story why I asked for the direct shipping :) With the use tax and reship cost, I am not sure there will be any real saving or not.

I noticed that toufu has sold his two cases to NYCOne. So I contacted NYCOne, too.

Similarly, Studley appears to have sold his case, but the buyer remains unknown.

Updated notification list
Notifications of this GB were sent:

by email to:
pchw, flg, alazira, johnwmclean, Nikon1975, smyslow, hesener, NicMac, oneoclock, Studley

by PM on the diyaudio system to:
triode4; Westley; scranton; CanAm Man; pmchoong; toufu; ashaw; ramallo; fitzfish, NYCOne

No notification was sent to (they already discovered this GB):
mravinsky, AndrewT, JBdV, APK

Last edited:
Thanks, Patrick.

I have grouped our list into geographical regions. At the moment, we arrive at a total of 21 sets.

Europe (total 13)

heinz1: 1
mravinsky: 1
JBdV: 2
APK: 1
Andrew T: 4
NicMac: 1
Nikon1975: 1
ramallo: 1
oneoclock: 1

USA (total 5)
Horio: 2
pchw: 2
alazira: 1

Australia (total 3)
johnwmclean: 1
ashaw: 2

I will keep an eye on the just resumed Studley sale in the swap meet section and contact the buyer, if possible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.