• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Group Buy: Fane 8M Studio 50 units production run

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone,

I have confirmed orders for 8 pairs of Fane 8M Studio so far plus myself (let's say 2 pairs):

1.Tax, Australia - 1 pair 16R
2. Gregg Jenkins, Australia - 1 pair 8R
3. Nelson Chen, San Francisco, USA - 1 pair (please advise impedance)
4. Philip Smith, Kew UK - 1 pair (please advise impedance)
5. anonymous, CA USA - 1 pair 8R
6. anonymous, CA USA - 1 pair 16R
7. Mark Jeffs, Denbigh - 1 pair 8R
8. Rakesh Poorun - 1 pair 16 R
9. Rakesh Poorun - 1 pair 16 R
10.Theng, Paris France - 1 pair 8R

Best regards
Rakesh

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very pleased that in the past 19 days, we managed to have confirmed orders for effectively 10 pairs. I had a few interested parties who either decided finances meant they could not go ahead or did not contact me or Audio Components to confirm their orders.

I wonder whether the special offer could not be continued for say another 5 days to encourage a few more orders. So here is what I suggest. All orders confirmed by 23rd April will be at the reduced price of £245 a pair, which is fair to early "committers" who gave this group buy a much needed momentum, but also presents a savings on the price thereafter of £265 for those still sitting on the fence.

For those of you wondering about the Fane 8Ms, and wishing to read more, you may find Romy's website (GoodSoundClub - Romy the Cat's Audio Site) where the Fane 8Ms are discussed in some depth of great value. It is a repository of invaluable lore in how to approach the design of the upperbass horns in a multichannel system.

Best regards
Rakesh

Last edited:
Hello everyone in Australia,

With regard to shipping to Australia, prices are in the region of £107 inclusive of 20% VAT and £15 insurance cover. I asked Audio Components to check as well and he had the same basic figure of £77 exclusive of VAT. The dimensions of a package for two speakers is around 30x30x30 cm and overall weight is 12Kg.

Please check at your end if you think you can find cheaper shipping to Australia.

Best regards
Rakesh

Hello,

This makes a lot of sense and I imagine it would represent a substantial saving (even after taking into account some additional shipping within Australia itself).

Would someone be willing to accept all shipping to Australia and then ship onwards from there? Would everyone in Australia ordering Fane 8Ms be happy with this solution? Please let me know.

Best regards
Rakesh

Hello,

This makes a lot of sense and I imagine it would represent a substantial saving (even after taking into account some additional shipping within Australia itself).

Would someone be willing to accept all shipping to Australia and then ship onwards from there? Would everyone in Australia ordering Fane 8Ms be happy with this solution? Please let me know.

Best regards
Rakesh

Hi Rakesh & 3GGG,

Please see me my PM. I am sure we can arrange some central distribution.

It also may be cheaper to organise one courier for this.

Let's discuss later off line once we have the numbers.

Cheers
Tax

Hello,

I have emailed Jasper, Gregg and Tax, who are going to discuss shipping and consider options with other buyers from Australia, I am sure. It looks like the idea is to have possibly two separate shipments but we will discuss this further when the actual order requirement is satisfied and numbers known.

Please let me know if you come up with a solution that everyone is happy with. Also, if anyone just wants shipping directly to him, please let me know so we know where everyone stands on the shipping issue.

Best regards
Rakesh

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.