Group Buy: Fane 8M Studio 50 units production run - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Group Buys

Group Buys Members group buys

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd September 2011, 12:24 AM   #121
diyAudio Member

Hi Mark, Tax, and everyone else,

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, it meant a lot. Mark and Phil can now expect their drivers tomorrow as they were collected today by the courier. All the drivers are pretty much shipped provided the courier collects the remaining pairs (i.e. all non-australian and non uk orders)tomorrow as planned. Delivery time is 1-3 days for everyone except UK orders which is 24hrs.

There are two pairs set for Australia (BM & RF)not yet shipped as the owner wanted some measurements taken and I have not had a chance to have these done yet. These will ship as soon as these tests are done.

By the way, if anyone is interested in the remaining spare pairs of Fane 8Ms, the price will be unchanged at 265 until my next trip to France in October after which I will revise the price upward given that these prices were there to make the order possible in the first place, and getting rid of these drivers now would be doing me a favour. And no I am not saying when I am travelling to provide an incentive to those interested in placing an order to do so early and I can free my garage... I need to make some room for some rather large horns! If anyone does decide to place an order, I prefer if you email me directly at rakeshpoorun@gmail.com

Best regards
Rakesh

Last edited by rakeshpoorun; 23rd September 2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:48 AM   #122
diyAudio Member

Whilst I am here, I should mention there was some interest in the tractrix horns which Russ had heavily discounted to get an order placed whilst he has all the equipment in situ which came to nothing. I think it is a remarkable price and an opportunity not to be missed if you have the funds in these dire times (if you own shares in French banks sell them as this would be an infinitely safer investement). If you do, please contact Russ although I have no idea whether he will still do these fabulous horns at the low low price he quoted. I know he managed to find some excellent shipping rates for Australia as well.

That's me for now. Please let me know how you get on with the delivery of your drivers. They are all fully insured but hopefully we will not have any courier related misery.

Good luck
Rakesh

Last edited by rakeshpoorun; 23rd September 2011 at 12:51 AM.
Old 23rd September 2011, 05:11 AM   #123
3GGG is offline 3GGG  Australia
diyAudio Member

Which horns are these Rakesh, Russ who?
Could you provide me a link or more info such as the quoted price, maybe the Oz guys can do a bulk order of them from Russ?

edit: Google did it for me thanks Rakesh

Last edited by 3GGG; 23rd September 2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:43 AM   #124
diyAudio Member

We have a delivery,thanks for all your effort Rakesh.
Old 23rd September 2011, 11:22 AM   #125
diyAudio Member

Fanes have arrived.

Thank you Rakesh for the work you have put into making all of this happen, it was appreciated.

You are a legend.

Cheers.
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:22 PM   #126
diyAudio Member

Default Failed delivery for JT in Balwyn, Victoria

Hello JT in Balwyn, and everyone in Australia,

JT, UPS tried to deliver but there was no one at home to accept your drivers. they will try again on Monday.

Other than BM and RF whose drivers are shipping today, everyone in Australia should try to make sure they can take delivery today.

Best regards
Rakesh
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:41 PM   #127
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeshpoorun View Post
Hello JT in Balwyn, and everyone in Australia,

Other than BM and RF whose drivers are shipping today, everyone in Australia should try to make sure they can take delivery today.

Best regards
Rakesh
When I wrote the above and encouraged everyone to ensure they could collect their drivers, I should really have considered that in Victoria, Australia, it is now 10.30 p.m. and I doubt any UPS driver is driving around in a mad dash trying to deliver Fane 8Ms loudspeakers.

Best regards
Rakesh
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:02 PM   #128
3GGG is offline 3GGG  Australia
diyAudio Member

No sign of any courier today
Old 23rd September 2011, 01:58 PM   #129
diyAudio Member

Default Arrived

Top work Rakesh
Drivers have arrived today and I've opened one so far to inspect.
They look very nice.
I will begin running-in one this evening , just with the driver on the floor & see how the tone sounds vs. the B&C .
Thanks again for your heroic & continuing efforts to do all this for us .

Mark
Old 23rd September 2011, 03:24 PM   #130
diyAudio Member

Default Now where is the Cremant?

Hello everyone,

It's great that quite a few of you have received your drivers today. The last non-Australia/non-UK bound drivers and those going to BM and RF in Australia have left in the past hour and should be with their intended recipients by Wednesday next week.

I hope it all goes well and as planned. Please post on this thread or email me directly to let me know when you take collection of your drivers. I will put the bottle of Cremant (that's what I started drinking in Alsace - it's nice and very moderately priced, an interesting substitute to Champagne which is overhyped/overpriced) aside on hold though until the very last drivers are delivered safely.

It is funny that in the time since I started this Group Buy I looked for a pair of good condition vintage Fane 8Ms in order to carry out some valid comparisons eventually. I now have 8 vintage drivers and expect another pair tomorrow, but I still do not have a pair in acceptable condition. My feeling is that this will be the last set of 8M drivers made commercially available as I never had the impression that Fane was overly enthusiastic about the whole venture.

So enjoy your drivers and please let us all know how you get on. I envy those who will be able to use these in earnest in an appropriate Upper Bass horn straight away and will be prowling this site (and Romy's) with some trepidation in the hope of reading someone's observations quite soon, whether negative or positive it does not matter...

Best regards
Rakesh

Last edited by rakeshpoorun; 23rd September 2011 at 03:32 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!